Rudy spits out the Kool Aid

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Sep 2, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. lamont5123

lamont5123

oddfellow,

I agree. Many people have changed when they reach the pinnacle of power.

Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black was once a Ku Klux Klansman and was considered a Liberal for his time when he sat on the High Court.

Sen. Robert Byrd was also a KKK'er and for a long time thought like one in the Senate.

But people change. Byrd did.

Lyndon B. Johnson never showed any inclination towards Civil Rights while he was in the Senate.

Look at what he did after JFK's assassination. He became the most pro-Civil Rights president in history.

I think if Bill Clinton was able to run again, he would have destroyed George W. Bush in 2000.

Dubya, even if could run again, wouldn't win.

Even the Religious Right is tried of his bullcrap. His whiny claims we're forever in danger, his wrapping himself in red, white and blue while cutting the budget for veterans' health.

Bush simply couldn't win again.

He would need the GOP to stop double the number of Blacks from exercising their right to vote, push more electronic voting so no paper trails could be found and find another way to scare the dickens out of all the people who believed his nonsense the first time around.

He would also probably need to parade Osama's head around on a stick.

The majority of people in this country don't like his foreign policy and think our economy is slowing on his watch.

He's up to 44% now only because he's being trashed by other world leaders.

He'll sink again.

People don't like him, and more importantly, they disagree with him.

After a while, lies catch up with you.

I do believe F.W. de Klerk should be lionized.

He was a visionary and probably prevented a vicious race war on the southern tip of the African continent.
  2. koondog

koondog

Rudy will be elected prez come November 2008. You heard it here first. Forget all that 'he's too liberal socially for the south" nonsense.

All it's gonna take is a Hillary/Algore/Kerry/screamin' Howard Dean type nomination on the other side to bring out the GOP voters in droves.
  3. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Yep that 44% approval rating, USA Today/Gallup on 9/15-17/06, would surely send him back to the WH.
  4. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

It's easy to trash a politician, but you cannot tell his electability until you put him or her up against someone. I think Clinton would beat Bush because he's careful not to box himself in and he does not come accross as a idealouge. Keep Clinton out of the equation and give me your best bet democrat in a race against a third term for Bush.
  5. Rokin

Rokin

I strongly doubt it.
    If Bill Clinton could run for a third, he would surely win.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  6. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Stick with the facts dude.

He got re-elected. He beat Kerry. In fact, if he ran for a third term, he'd probably win again.....

Got candidates?
  7. Wowie69

Wowie69

Ha ha ha!

Broaden his base?

He's more like a runaway freight train crushing everything in its path.
  8. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Smart or not GW tried to broaden his base by never vetoing anything and spending like a drunken sailor. Pisses a lot of conservatives off. He's also agreeing with the libs on immigration. And smart or not, he did get re-elected.

One from column A. One from Column B.... Clinton did the same thing.

I personally think you judge a politician for where they are on the most important issues.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  9. donquixote04

donquixote04

I agree with you on this point, oddfellow. If we apply it W, I wonder which lesson you'd draw: based on this definition of "most smart politicians" GW Bush is definitely not a smart politician, OR W is the exception that proves the rule?
  10. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1993/klerk-bio.html

"As Minister of National Education, F.W. de Klerk was a supporter of segregated universities, and as a leader of the National Party in Transvaal, he was not known to advocate reform. In February 1989, de Klerk was elected leader of the National Party and in September 1989 he was elected State President.

In his first speech after assuming the party leadership he called for a nonracist South Africa and for negotiations about the country's future. He lifted the ban on the ANC and released Nelson Mandela."

Interesting history. Just shows that sometimes to be a visionary, you have to flip flop and surprise people. Only Nixon could go to China!

One of the reasons I don't freak out when the other party takes over is that smart politicans know that to stay in power you have to broaden your base beyond those who got you there. Therefore, the underlying debate on policy is always more important than the typical personality battles (scandals, who lied, that sort of thing). The current debate on either recognizing Iraq as a front line or not is the most important idea being discussed.
  11. lamont5123

lamont5123

oddfellow,

Yeah, but it would also be so entertaining.

Hey, do you think former South African Prime Minister F.W. de Klerk should be viewed by history as a visionary?
  12. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Ahh, you're probably right, but it would be good for the GOP. He's a fiscal conservative and tough on the war and he has far more credentials than anybody else on the scene. All the Dems come up with are Senators. Forget Senators. You need people who have governed.
  13. lamont5123

lamont5123

Oddfellow,

Okay, bet on Rudy if you want.

The man will not be able to carry many of the Red States.
  14. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Yes. I can see it now. Rudy, who has managed an operation larger than many small countries against Hillary who has um... ah... well.... NOT invaded Iraq...

Are there any good governors in the Dem ranks? This will just be toooo easy.
  15. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Verm-
    Whatever floats your boat. I never knew you liked menfolk so much. Maybe if you are lucky, you can get an autographed copy from Rudy himself. Ask him real nice and he might give you a pair of his boxers, too. And don't think there won't be a little present left on the boxers for you.
  16. vermeer

vermeer

Yes, I want to see the polaroids of Rudy getting banged in the ass by his volkswagen salesman boyfriend. Or pulling a train at a gay circuit party.
  17. lamont5123

lamont5123

I want Rudy to run.

They guy has so much nastiness in him, he'll explode on the campaign trail.

There's more revelations to come.
  18. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Correct and now under investigation for some sort of financial misconduct when he was head of NYCDOC.

Not I, however there are one or two UG RWers who think Rudy has a shot as either President or VP. No fucking way.
  19. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Bernie was indicted, wasn't he? He pleaded guilty not too long ago.

A twice divorced, adulteror, Italian-American pro-choice Catholic from Brooklyn with a mobbed up police commissioner is going to be our next president? On the Republican ticket? You're out of your mind.
  20. lamont5123

lamont5123

It's too early. More news about 9-11 has yet to come out.

The revelation that the air was not safe at Ground Zero, (which is not news to anyone living in the five boroughs), is just the latest blow to tar Rudy and all other Republicans who quickly wrapped themselves in the nation's flag after that terrible event.