" Say It Ain't So, Sammy "

Discussion in 'Sports' started by seeker6591, Feb 16, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Lascivious

Lascivious

MAn, Derek Jeter is Mr. Clutch. I know Arod is gonna have 800 hrs by the time he's through, but Jeter is the money player of the two.
  2. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

it is pretty pathetic....I think BB would have peaked out around 300 homers if he played not juiced up.
  3. Lascivious

Lascivious

What has me spitting mad is ESPN still promoting him and his pursuit of the hr records. When Chris Berman sings his accolades when he breaks Aaron record, him and that network have no credibility left. Bonds on Bonds. If he doesn't talk about steroids, he should have no acknowledgement at all.
  4. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

I think the 1 strike rule for steroids is a good idea.

Unfortunately, they could not apply it retroactively ...so the clock would start ticking for future players. Bonds I am afraid will apparently slip in under the wire just in time !!!

Selig has created a bigger potential problem for himself if Bonds breaks the record by not instituting a tough policy the last couple of years. Unfortunately, the clamor and the problem will not go away...it will linger around for quite some time and hover over MLB.
  5. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

This Roid use through the years sort of makes the Black Sox Scandal look dim. And look at what happened to Shoeless Joe and the Gang. But then again, Million Dollar Lawyers like Johnny Cockroach (God Rest his soul) sorry make that Cochran were not around back then.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  6. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

we could call this the Barry Bonds Rule.

I hope BB runs out of gas this season.

hopefully , he will not STINK up the game any further than he already has.
  7. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

One Strike Your Out ????

not a bad idea Lascivious...perhaps they should use the same rule for steroids that they use for gambling (rule 21)....1st offense ...banishment for life...no reinstatement and no HOF. I also think that for steroids...ALL RECORDS should be expunged ....no asterick...no highlights... just completely eliminated. That would solve the problem instantly !!
  8. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

And they didn't because they were pitchers.
  9. Lascivious

Lascivious

If you're gonna ban Griff and Arod, then nobody ouside of RAndy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Mariano Rivera Greg Maddux ,and Tom Glavine is getting in the hall from this steroid era. The only hitter is gonna be Derek Jeter.
  10. Ozzy

Ozzy

Both dabbled in roids.... Look at the size of them compared to when they first came up.
  11. DVDMASTER

DVDMASTER

seen pudge recently ?
  12. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

could not agree with you more !!!
  13. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Las-

Are you certain that A-Rod and Griffey never dabbled in it?
  14. Lascivious

Lascivious

BOnds, Sammy, Big Mac and ralfy all should be banned from the HOF. The only legit dudes are Griffey and Arod from this steroid era. I would even think Clemens was dabbling in the stuff.
  15. Daddycool

Daddycool

Good to see him go, the cheating bastard. Not only did he juice but he got caught with a corked bat. Double fuck up.
  16. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

Yes, he's definitely hit the road. The only offer he got was from the Washington Nationals and he said he didn't feel comfortable playing again.
  17. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

does anyone know if he in fact retired???
  18. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

out with a whimper ! lol.
  19. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

Sweet Georgia Brown !!
  20. seeker6591

seeker6591 banned

Yeah...maybe Bonds can join them as well..they could team up for a big gin rummy game. lol