Sign in issue with IE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by misterrr, Aug 30, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

By who, some monger or a provider?? I'll gladly pay the ransom, how do I get it back?

Thanks for your thoughts but I'ms still looking to correct it[/QUOTE]

What I meant was that sometimes you can download something from the Internet or open a photo link and there is embedded software within that link that gets into IE and takes control of it. That's why you might get a ton of popups even with popup control. They're very tough to get rid of. You won't find them in your list of programs in Add/Remove Programs, but rather hidden somewhere else on your computer.
  2. misterrr

misterrr

Previously cleared them thanks! [/QUOTE=jgd] Sounds to me like your IE home page has been highjacked. [/QUOTE] By who, some monger or a provider?? I'll gladly pay the ransom, how do I get it back?

Thanks for your thoughts but I'ms still looking to correct it
  3. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

Sounds to me like your IE home page has been highjacked.
  4. fumpton

fumpton

i had this same problem a few weeks back. had to open up IE from my desktop in order to read UG. not sure what i did, but after about two weeks of having to open up UG in IE, the problem cleared itself up.
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

There's a "session timing out" setting that seems to be fucking with you. Thats the same issue AOL has with vBulletin software... or viceversa. It's also the only setting thats proprietary between Netscape and IE... unlike cookies which are shared.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  6. jgd

jgd

Try clearing your cookies and temp files.
  7. misterrr

misterrr

Hey computer pros,

When I attempt to sign in via Internet explorer it keeps taking me back to the home/sign in page! This just started to happen about a month or so ago and I have no clue as to how or why it started. However, when I sign in via Netscape, I have no problem. Yea I know, just use Netscape!! Don't want to if I can help it!!! Any monger no how to resolve my issue with IE? Any help will be appreciated. Thanx.