Smoking

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by jack sprat, Jan 24, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. candie

candie

Another sweet client I saw tonight said he hasn't smoked in 13 weeks. I asked, how did you do it? He said he used the patch and those pills. <I forget the name sorry> but he said he still takes those pills as it helps keep him on track. He is almost 50, smoked 30yrs. Just wanted to pass a success x smoker story on here. There is good stuff that works.
  2. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Why on Earth were you smoking cold turkeys?:confused:
  3. candie

candie

I hear from a lot of both clients and <real life folks> that the patch really does work for them. There are many different kinds too.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  4. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

I gave up smoking cold turkey almost 2 years ago. The hardest thing I ever did. I smoked for over 40 years. Two close relatives underwent lung sugery, one died and one is dieing. There is no escape from that dreaded disease if you smoke. Give it up folks.
  5. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

This thread reminds me of a good story.
    Three women were talking about their habits after sex. The first one said that after sex she went to the fridge and made this huge sandwich, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, peppers on hero bread. She took her first bite into that sandwich and said AH, thats the greatest thing after sex.
    The second one said that after sex she would reach over to the night table and take a cigarette, lite it and take that first puff and she said, "Thats the greatest pleasure after sex." She then turned to the third woman and asked, "Do you smoke after sex?" The third one responded, " I dont know, I never looked."
  6. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Smoking was the 2nd hardest thing that I ever gave up. The hardest would have to be sex, and that ain't happening anytime soon.
  7. Shoreguy

Shoreguy Silver

Now if I could have one or two buds every day I would give up tobacco or at least I would not care :)

Hi Ho
    Child of the 60's
  8. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I don't smoke at all. I've probably smoked less than one pack in my whole life (you remember when you were a teen and wanted to see if it was cool?)

My friend's Dad smoked more than a pack a day for over 50 years. Every year he'd give it up for New Year's, but after a few days he'd be sneaking one or two buds, then he'd just go back to his normal usage. One day about 5 years ago, he stopped all of a sudden. His health improved and all was well. Last year he went back to smoking...go figger.
  9. Kimmie

Kimmie

I dont smoke.

I dont want my clients that do smoke to smoke around me. If asked if they can, I tell them I prefer they not.
  10. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

after smoking for 10 yrs i finally gave up 6 months ago. have not touched a cigarette since. but i still feel the urge every day. thought it was just me.
  11. Psychosis

Psychosis

My father use to smoke 2 to 3 packs a day. One day when I was 15 he woke up in the middle of the night coughing and weezing and he couldnt stop. We all got up with him and were talking to him to calm him down and he was coughing all the time. We wanted to take him to the hospital but he wouldnt go. Finally his coughing eased up and he was able to sleep again. In the morning when we were having breakfast he came into the kitchen with his almost full carton of Pall Malls (his favorite) and told us from this day on he quit smoking and threw the carton away. At first we all said yeah right but from that day on he remained true to his statement and never ever smoked again. He quit cold turkey which I give him a lot of credit for. I have never smoked and I hate to be in a room full of people smoking. There is nothing worse than going home and having your clothes smell so horrible. Thats why I'm glad that here in Orange County, NY they have made it illegal to smoke in restaurants. I think NY State is going to make this a state wide law from what I understand.
  12. antnee

antnee

I quit smoking 18 years ago ( 2 1/2 packs a day) and still find the urge to smoke. That's why I guess I agree to a provider when she asks if it's okay to light up.
  13. Casper

Casper

You're talking to the wall.
  14. It is not impossible. One of my dearest friends (he's like an uncle to me... known me since I was born) quit after about 47 or 48 years of smoking. He started when he was 14. He's been smoke free for over 6 months now.
  15. Marianne

Marianne

I have been a pack or 2 a day since high school and i know it is just impossible for me to quit at this point. many of my clients smoke and i honestly don't notice. I do ask before i show up so i can be fresh if it is NS but most rooms are marked so I draw my own conclusions.

Interestingly enough there are a fairly large number of smoker fetish men who actually ask me to smoke for them both just posing and during the fun. It is not as rare as you might think and if you put yourself out into that community like I did (VSI set 2 years ago), it turns up some surprising results.
  16. clubber

clubber

Hmmm...I must have been the exception to that rule. Although you did ask if I minded.....
  17. Samanthofny

Samanthofny

I'm a very heavy smoker and if I'm doing an outcall I may smoke on the way there, but I open all the windows and freeze and eat altoids before I arrive so I don't smell like smoke. If a guy smokes, I'll join him. If it's a reg an I know it's ok I may light up. With someone new that doesn't smoke in my pressence I never bring up the issue and wait until I leave to smoke. I used to get angry if any of the girls that worked for the incalll used to smoke in session, and they knew it. Almot of guys can't have their clothing smelling like smoke when arriving home. Some say at the onset about this and you shouldn't hesitate to bring up the issue when calling for an appointment. Some guys wont see girls that smoke, some are tolerant but careful.
  18. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

i guess its the retail management in me but if she cant wait for a few hours (especially when getting at least 2 hundred am hour but thats a guess) then she doesnt care to much for her clients

im not saying im right or wrong its just an opinion
  19. jack sprat

jack sprat

gg - that would probably work with a light smoker like you, but these gals get awfully irritable when they need to smoke. i think i'd rather put up with the smoke and have them in a good mood for the next round.
  20. jack sprat

jack sprat

Re: Re: Smoking

i used to be addicted to smoking, food, and sex.

i managed to stop smoking, but that only increased the need for the wrong kinds of food.

my addiction to sex is my remaining joy and i have no intention whatsoever of trying to cure myself of that.