So what was that about NY drivers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by justbill_redux, May 16, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy

I'll add one last thing... Between local City police departments the County Sherrifs and the State Troopers all who work in the same jurisdictions, and you pass every ten seconds on a road down here.... all sitting on the sides of the roads with their radars proudly hanging out the windows.... it's almost impossible to break a law or drive like a maniac. For example... You drive two blocks and see a Ft Lauderdale PD, two more blocks and its a Broward County Sherrif, two more blocks and a State Trooper. All camped out waiting to make you a star on the next season of COPS.
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

Dope..... You linked to a thread where I said NY had horrible drivers.... And NY is one of the top cities on the list of horrible drivers.... So how is this UG expert in disagreement?

You're an asshole.
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

No fucking way...

They're not as skilled as NY drivers.... (those who can drive).... But NY is full of uncourteous drivers who break rules with a sense of entitlement.. like they're fucking special.... Like "blatently" blowing red lights, driving on side walks, driving on the shoulder on the LIE while everyone else waits in traffic... You don't see that shit down here... NEVER!

And I'll take the old farts any fucking day over the asians in NY and that's not even close. At least after sundown till 9am the old farts aren't on the roads. And thats only a few months of the year. After May kicks in most of them and the tourists drive back north.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

People see me drive down here and think I'm crazy. None of my techs will get in a car with me..... they all prefer to follow. They also have changed their minds about going to NY if there's more like me on the roads.

And this poll is complete bullshit. Miami at its worst around 5pm couldn't match NY for traffic or the crazyness at midnight on a sunday. I zip all over the place from South Beach to Ft Lauderdale and up to Boca. I have no problems and best of all I've not encountered a single chinese driver, nor an arab or indian cab driver (cabbies are hatian down here and they can drive) on the road yet. That in itself makes NY king of all horrible drivers. And to top it off down here everyone is curtious. You have to old farts driving 20 mph but all the roads are 4 lanes wides and no lights for miles..... It's a fucking wet dream for driving.

I won't even get into the fact I've not hit a single pot-hole or had a street closed for construction... And you can make all the turns you want and U turns on red lights at major intersections.
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  5. celtic knight

celtic knight

Florida drivers are the worst. The combination of seniors who don't remember what they had for breakfast, 16 year olds and tourists who don't know where they are going is deadly.
  6. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

I could never figure out why they had that rush hour "traffic using the shoulder lanes" rule. Made for some tough entering and exiting of the highways.
  7. Bandaid

Bandaid

You should try Boston.
  8. SlickWilly

SlickWilly

I wonder how Ozzy drives down there.
  9. justbill_redux

There are some UG "experts" that would disgree with that.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=566250&postcount=2
  10. BesoMiCulo

BesoMiCulo

Florida is basically New York, just warmer. The original Floridians have been pushed out. Most of retired Ny, and the Northeast has moved there long ago, so it does not surprise me one bit.
  11. justbill_redux

Stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

AutoVantage, an automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance, also listed Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Boston among the top five cities for rude driving.

Minneapolis, Nashville, St. Louis, Seattle and Atlanta were rated as the cities with the most courteous drivers, who were less likely to change lanes without signaling or swear at other motorists.

More than 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Drivers owned up to some rude behavior themselves: Nearly all said they had talked on a cell phone while driving, and 64 percent acknowledged they occasionally drive too fast.

Young drivers and people with long commutes were found to be the most likely to react to an aggressive or rude driver. The top reactions included honking the horn, cursing or making an obscene gesture.

No distinct differences were found between male and female drivers.
    “Human behavior is so involved with crashes at all levels,” said Elly Martin, a spokeswoman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    “(Aggressive driving) is a pattern of behavior drivers exhibit over and over.”

AutoVantage, based in Norwalk, Conn., hopes to use the survey to educate people about how to resist road rage. Among its tips are remaining calm and not making eye contact with an angry driver.

Source http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12819552/

So a Florida city takes top honors, who would have thunk it.