Steph,Is It the Shoes?.....& ....youtube

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by greyfox, Aug 16, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. greyfox

greyfox

.It sounds real and I'm not really shocked.Things were so different then.I remember seeing the Stones on Clay Cole's local TV show on WPIX.All recordings of Cole's shows have alledgedly been destroyed.When the Stones first came to NY I was listening to Murray the K with Jagger in the studio one night when he played a new track by Bobby Womack's group the Valentinos.Jagger said he really liked "It's All Over Now" after Murray played it.
  2. justlooking

justlooking

Not to mention the amazing Rolling Stones Rice Krispies commercial from 1963 (yeah, it seems to be real).
  3. greyfox

greyfox

I don't know if kids will buy the $15 sneakers from the Starbury sportswear line but I think Marbury's intentions are good so his stock went up with me a bit(at least until Thanksgiving when the Knicks are 0-8).

In case you're not familiar with youtube,it's a website that's a treasure trove of videos.I just watched a clip of a James Brown concert from '68 with JB doin' a dazzling mash potatoes,camel,jerk and boogaloo.Even more amazing was actually seeing the fluidity of Django Reinhardt's playing despite a deformed left hand in another clip of the great gypsy guitarist.There are also clips of 60's bands from TV shows like Shindig and Hullabaloo if you are of a certain age.

Just for Ozzy,here's a clip of that famous Air Jordan commercial.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zezwd8mNOnE