1. New board for UG. If you have any issues/comments with the software upgrade please post them in the Start Here section.

TER is now useless unless you're VIP

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by RuffToy, Sep 9, 2009.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. walk97

walk97

My answer: no. I'm more of a private investigator. Like Magnum P.I. I privately investigate the activities of well reviewed whores. I read their reviews and look at pictures of them, then I masturbate. If I'm really feeling compelled, and I have the funds, I call them and make appointments.

You're right. Maybe TER is onto me. I'll have to change up my tactics.
  2. donquixote04

donquixote04

Obviously, they've determnined that you're LE.

My only question: Are you NYPD or FBI ?
  3. walk97

walk97

DoctorBeaver - Thanks for the heads up. I've just discovered that that website has blocked my IP. I can't access it from any of my browsers. I can log on only through a proxy browser. WTF?
  4. DoctorBeaver

DoctorBeaver

You must have a bad link because I just went there and the site is working fine with many reviews posted today.
  5. walk97

walk97

the end?

The site that's being discussed in this thread has been out of commission for a few weeks now. I wonder if bad business did them in, or if it was something else.
    I hope its not gone permanently. Yes, the discussion boards over there are useless, and yes, there's a good deal of bullshit in the reviews. But its a nationwide site, and the sheer volume of reviews is unmatched. Less information is never a good thing.
  6. oso_te_great

oso_te_great

I find boards like this have better reviews anyway, and more commentary

With TER it's easy to remain anonymous.
  7. rugmuncher

rugmuncher

I like TER, but you gotta do your own due diligence. If a provider has only a few reviews by reviewers who only reviewed her, and they are glowing, you gotta be careful.

But if they got several pages of reviews, that can be pretty telling. I find that $20/month is a good insurance policy to screen out shitty providers. It's saved my ass from spending that $200+ more than once.
  8. Candice_D

Candice_D

I always thought the review "bubble" would burst. When I first heard if TER, I thought..."there goes the neighborhood." Information of such an explicit nature to needs to be protected and TER failed to do that. Everyone forgets that "this hobby" is illegal and thinks no one is watching. Its one thing when a group of friends creates a forum for their own use, but something as widely publicised at TER was bound for trouble from the start.
    TER is clearly trying to save thier own asses.
  9. fastsupra

fastsupra

They will obviously get the paid membership to increase by the members that never had VIP status and they will be extremely happy about that but, they will also ultimately lose membership by not giving new members a chance to try out the site without paying for VIP status.

I paid for VIP status for a while and decided to just use it with a standard membership and go off the ratings numbers. When I decided to do that was when I decided to write a review. I have read so many colorful reviews over the years and when I decided to write about some great experiences I had I just could not seem to put that experience on paper like so many other members had. It was not because I could not write, it was because I would have to lie, and these were great experiences that I had. I decided then and there that TER was a pissing match for hobbyists and I could not really believe what I read.
    I think it is useful to weed out some of the bad experiences so you can avoid a potential bad experience but that's it. What we really need is some kind of review of these out of town Craigslist providers but, they change so fast it seems impossible to do.

For me, I find the hobby to be at a weird stage, I enjoy the girls and the thought of it but I have not been very satisfied by it lately. I am hoping to find a situation or two that works out well for me soon.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  10. Bandaid

Bandaid

There's a book they ought to read, What Would Google Do? It shows how they're doing the exact wrong things for their business.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

First they went against the one of the oldest, bestest words of advice... If it ain't broke, don't fucking fix with it.

Second... What it's no doubt going to do, especially when it comes to the novice non vip's and non members who checked in only to get a number like the way everyone used to on the back page of Village Voice... is even the playing field with the girls. Guys especially the non members who never cared about specifics, will now be as likely to call a 5 as they would a 10. I bet the usual super stars with 9's and 10's down the line see a big drop in the "cold call" volume.
  12. canthelpit

canthelpit

I take those excerpts with a grain of salt anyway. It's just like disecting a speech and twisting it into something it's not. Not saying this is the case, but certainly possible. I take all reviews with a grain of salt unless i really trust the reviewer, like several here. I know nobody on ter and therefore their reviews mean very little to me.
  13. Monk

Monk

Here's an issue that's come up that I don't think TER has given enough thought to, and it could easily bite them in the ass now that they've restricted access to more info on their reviews:

A lot of providers post excerpts of their reviews that appear on TER on their own sites, and/or their average ratings. TER management is now maintaining, over on their board, that they own the content on their board and do not authorize it's use anywhere else. If they really enforce this, I would think a lot of their provider users will get really pissed.
  14. desilove

desilove

Isnt that what UG is? Only dif is the man behind UG puts in a lot of time, eats the expense and handles those potential headaches and charges nothing to its members to utilize it....all thats asked in return is that people contribute....a site is only as good as its members/provs.
  15. johnpet

johnpet

I think there's a lot of money for someone who's willing to take on the time and expense to put together a legitimate offers/review site. Of course, a lot of potential legal headaches.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  16. Monk

Monk

I actually think that the site has become much more useful to providers than to Johns. Both in terms of marketing themselves, to networking within the community on the "provider only" board and to promoting various industry practices, such as screening. The reviews have become less and less useful (seems to be the case with many of the PMBs. I remember when JAG reviews were the only reason I went there; then the discussion board took over).
  17. desilove

desilove

Ditto that, that is why I stopped offering my BR/oral special....a) it was supp to be a UG special only but reviews found its way to TER and made my life hell and b) yes it is a svc but I no more want it to feel like one then you guys do and the last thing I want to do in the bedroom is start haggling like I am some used car.

I got/get business when I have a new review but I only want that business to come if it is based on honest reviews from people I have actually seen and not some fictional writer who just wants a few days free VIP.
  18. FaFaFlunky

FaFaFlunky

and did you ever notice that almost all the girls who "hang out" on the discussion boards are all $300 plus??? I feel they are totally out of touch with reality. And no offense to anyone here, the guys who contribute there remind me of guys who hang out at strip clubs religiously thinking the dancers are actually their friends!
  19. johnpet

johnpet

Reviews are worthless. A: You don't know if it's real. B: The girl doesn't get a chance to respond.

I talk to a lot of providers about johns - some are pure douchebags. For example, it's agreed in advance that it's just a bj session. John shows up and now wants fs - provider says no and gets a bad review. Others are rough either physically or verbally and some girls don't put up with that garbage.
  20. fairemily

fairemily

That's how I feel, it served it's purpose like CL but now it's completely useless. Believe me I maybe had handful of legit inquiries from TER alone and many were super demanding guys. I don't mind working for my money but I felt the imaginary scorecard come out and I feel really uncomfortable with guys like that. They don't even enjoys the session, they are just thinking about writing the review.