The current state of pricing in NYC

Discussion in 'New York' started by Slinky Bender, Dec 9, 2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

If she did mean that she paid $70,000, wow!
  2. littleguy

littleguy Gold

I THINK Cindy was saying she paid taxes on $70,000 of income.

I am SURE that is FAR LESS than she actually earned.

If not, don't come crying to me. I would LOVE to pay $70,000 in income tax. (grin)
  3. pswope

pswope One out of three

FishFry

Maybe Wilt is anticipating a Cabinet appointment someday.
  4. fishfry

fishfry

Deduct withholding from a provider? That sounds obscene. What do you do, save the condom?
  5. wilt

wilt

After reading the portion of Cindy Spice's post,where she states that she pays taxes, I consulted with tax counsel with reference to a client's obligations in utilizing a provider's services.
    He advised that if I see a provider on a "consistent basis" that I may be liable for taxes.
    Accordingly,a nd consistent with the providers' representations that they are paying taxes,after the third visit with a specific provider,I will begin to deduct witholding from their remuneration.
    If any provider wishes to join me in obtaining a Private Letter Ruling from the IRS,please let me know.
  6. pswope

pswope One out of three

Sorry.... it was just a wild guess ,posted before your post with the link. After viewing your site,imo,your price points are very good as is(I especially like the extended time discounts).
    If your ladies provide good service,you will do well. If they provide excellent service.you will have a very busy agency. The positive word of mouth on this site alone will ensure that.
    Good Luck.
  7. April

April Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace

I AM MOST DEFINATELY NOT THAT OTHER SERVICE!!!

Sorry you hit a sore spot! I am not affiliated with her in any way either other than that some girls that work for me USED to work for her. I wont go into it further because she is not here to defend herself but lets just say that many who are "established" get nervous when new agencies pop up. They bad mouth, report you to AOL, crank call, tell people if you work with them I won't give you work...etc. I had to work very hard for everything I have nothing was given to me, went through alot of barriers as well and still am to an extent. I have certain requirements for my girls and will not just throw anyone up on my site. The practices of some make things bad for others. This is Cute Little Pussycats, and we are NOT affiliated with ANY other agency. We have no other names no other website, ya get what ya see. Rates are $1/2 brooklyn/Queens and $$ NYC

[Edited by April on 08-01-2001 at 04:09 PM]
  8. pswope

pswope One out of three

April
    I'm not familiar with your agency(is it Impulse?),but if your price points are around $200 per hour,then you should be flush with business. If your price is in the $400 range,then you're probably hurting the most because
    a)the clients,who formerly were willing/able to pay this amount,no longer are/feel they are;and
    b) for savvy shoppers,there's a bevvy of indies at slightly below that rate,who offer a more extended hour.
    While I agree,that many clients make assumptions about quality based on price,that can be overcome by testimonials on the internet from satisfied customers. I think that Julie would concur that internet word of mouth is a powerful tool,which obviates the need for more expensive marketing through other more convnetional channels.
  9. April

you mean your not ESP?

And I don't mean an extra sensitive pervert lol (sorry could't resist)
    e-mail meow7187583321@aol.com
    718-758-3321 or 718-377-6231
    http://www.cutelittlepussycats.com
    Hope that covers it, right now we are answering after 7pm, but I answer e-mails all day long when I can.
  10. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

April:

So, I see you've been in touch with "Silky Boner", or whatever his name is, but what about the rest of us? Do we all need to go through email to get a URL for your agency, or will Silky let us see it here?

SB: please forgive me, I can't help myself.
  11. April

I do understand what your saying.....................

but (there is always a but! lol) There are many who wont even try my service because my rates are so low and they are assuming that the quality of service must be low as well. My rates right now are ROCK bottom, most agencies have already done the rate increase with low quality service. As I said I am trying other avenues. If I was a consumer and I found a store which offeredv good quality service at rock bottom rates and after frequenting the place for some time they jack up they rates, I would feel a bit taken advantage of. Understood! I am talking about paying $175 instead of $150......$225 instead of $200. Which STILL keeps me less expensive than most places offering the same quality and service. Just food for thought. April=P~
  12. pswope

pswope One out of three

FF
    A couple of years ago,I recognized what you just posted and started to act upon it. Because I was regarded as a "reputable john",I developed a network of working girls,who would see me and refer their friends to me. I also became pretty competent at finding UTR indies. I worked out a mutually acceptable fee arrangement with the ladies ,which gave them slightly more than the "share" they'd receive if working in a house or for an agency. If they were good,I'd refer them to my buds. It was win-win.

April
    I concur with "silky"(I think that name is more appropriate). It's much easier and less expensive to keep an exisitng customer,than to obtain a new one.
    The problem with retention for you is ,not only do you have to have your girls maintain a certain standard of service,but you need to keep on bringing in new ladies to meet your client's inate desire for variety. It's very difficult to motivate working girls to maintain or give a greater level of service,when they are making less bank than they were last year.
    Given the nature of man's desire, I do not think that actual demand for sex services has declined(maybe libidos drop slightly when guys make less bucks). Rather their ability and willingness to pay has( I bet masturbation has risen in inverse proportion to the decline in business). Accordingly I think alot of johns are looking down market for their yayas. If I were you,I'd experiment with a decrease in rates. I believe that you would see an increase in business and revenues. Granted,the ladies would have to work more sessions to make what they made at higher rates. But at least they be making!
    You may want to consider(as an experiment) changing the share ratio on new lower rate business. This would make it more palatable to the ladies and,if you increase the amount of incremental appointments,your revenues would increase. The alternaive would be to work out an incentive program for ladies,who produce(eg most hours permonth or most repeat customer hours). This would incent better service.
  13. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

for SB and April:

SB is right on the money re: repeat business. Helping corporations maintain their customers is my business. Some of our customers have determined that it is 5-10 times more expensive to get a new customer than to keep an existing one, for all the reasons that SB mentioned. And my customers aren't even thinking about legal issues!

April: I applaud your efforts. I also think that maintaining a presence here on UG can only strengthen your position as a responsive, customer-focused agency.
  14. April

for us

The driver gets his pre-arranged drivers fee, then what ever is left over is split 50/50 with the girl. I work extremely hard for my fees drop about 5k (at least) in advertising per month. If a girl drives herself then it's down the middle. The hardest thing is when something does not go as planned (ie: girl forgot her protection, has to stop this wastes time, driver gets lost this wastestime and the compensation always comes out of my pocket never the driver's or the girls so sometimes my fee is even less than that. Ultimately when I send a girl out she is representing myself and my agency , I learned early on that reputation is everything. If I do descide to raise the rates it would not be for current clients. Just kicking around the idea. I also expect to be offering day services (I hope) by next week, also the lovely Kimberly will be offering incall for the first time on Fri and Sat. for select gentlemen who can provide "references" e-mail for more info. I'm looking into "other" alternatives a price hike would be the last alternative.
  15. fishfry

fishfry

Prices Prices Prices

Did you know that when you call an agency for a $300 girl, the agency gets half, the driver gets fifty bucks, and the girl gets $100? If she supplies her own transportation she gets $150.

The price of high quality commercial sex is actually much lower than men think it is.

fish
  16. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Check your email, I think I know what the problem is.

I agree with what HN states, and would like to say to April that while it is harder to run your business "the right way", especially in an industry which is full of "hacks" and BS, if you are in it for the "long haul", you will find that doing things the "right way" will reap the greatest rewards. From what I hear from some members, you do care about doing things the right way, and I hope you find an operating motif which continues to allow you to provide the current level of service. I know one of the problems is that it's hard to get girls who are used to working for "bad" places, and get them to give "good service" when they are working for you.

One thing that I would like to point out to any business owner: repeat business is worth a lot of money. in most businesses it's woth money because of factors such as decreased advertising, word of mouth referrals, etc. in this business there is an added bonus: you don't get busted because of repeat customers, you get busted from people who you never did a "deal" with before. The more repeats, the less of a chance of LE problems. As susch, you often find that the places with the best 'service model" get busted much less often. Unfortunately, that calculation doesn't appear to figure in the "business plan" of a lot of places in this undustry. OTOH, the one's which do figure it in, seem to not only stick around a lot longer, but in the end make a lot more money. It's just harder work, and a lot of people don't go into this industry because they want to work hard.
  17. thelastone

thelastone

Re: TAX FREE ???

Actually, anyone in an illegal business should know to pay your taxes. An acquaintance of mine actually puts down on his 1040, recreational pharmaceutical distributor. The IRS does not share its information with any government agency, unless your not paying enough taxes (or any at all). You can actually call the IRS and ask them.

last
  18. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

This is not a simple matter.

From what I am hearing from the supply side, the Summer slowdown has been greater than usual. I have to believe this is due to the economy. While there may in fact be some ladies out there who for various reasons are impervious to these vagaries, I have to think that the majority are feeling the pinch.

The short term impact will probably be that ladies will try and use stop-gap measures to maintain their fee structures, such as extending session time and/or features. This will likely bouy the demand briefly, but inevitably the weakness in demand will drive down prices or drive out marginal providers, leaving a leaner supply for the dwindling demand. However if the supply contracts at or near the same rate as demand, price will be static.

A note about the term "marginal providers": I am referring to ladies who would not be in the biz if fees were decreased or their specific service offerings were not in the high-demand category. I am NOT referring to low-quality providers in the traditional sense.

There are probably other factors that none of us has considered, but I think the economic slowdown is really the major factor for the time being.
  19. April

well while we are on the subject............

I find myself between a rock and a hard place. Being an agency owner with a various selection, it is very hard to find a rate that everyone is happy with. When I first started this venture I based my rates on other "boro agencies" Most (not all) get away with these rates because it is in and out quickies with girls serving an immediate need. Thats the biz, you make up in volume what you lack in rates.I find that they are usually A)not up to customer standards(far from mine)B) on drugs or C) actually encouraged to hit it and quit it. Then when they come to work for me they can't understand why I frown if they call out in 45 mins. This is not the type of service, nor the type of girls I want to offer. I am considering raising my rates $25 across the board not a huge hike but enough that I can offer good quality girls have them stay the full time. Advertising, website, good pics, good girls, good drivers that can get the girls there are time, I'm also adding a phone girl so I can offer day hours (I tried doing day and night myself, I really did, have to sleep sometime!) they all cost money. I'm curious to hear from those that are familiar with my service, I really strive to have great girls, dependable service, and a good relationship with all my clients. ::stepping into her flameproof leather outfit::
    p.s. Silky I have been sending you e-mails for 3 days but this guy named Mailer Demon keeps intercepting.
  20. Chernov

Chernov

Paying the price

After reading most of these threads, I wish to offer my thoughts/opinions.

-The tax paying criteria is irrelevant. If Cindy & Val do, I would not even think of it impacting their fee structure.
    -We live in a free market system. As independent business operators, or with agencies, the proprietor would be foolish to offer products & services at a rate lower than market value
    -Volume vs. profit. Simple math here provides the obvious answer: Hourly rates of $400 would deliver $1200 in total fees for three one hour sessions. Dropping the rate to $300 would require four one hour sessions to realize the same gross dollars. The greater frequency also requires higher "operating costs" as well due to added time & labor intensity. So profit results would not be equal in this scenario.
    -Have the going rates really inflated over the past few years? I think not, if compared to real estate, cars, and luxury items. Do your own comparisions. If you own a home, condo or co-op, what did it cost 3 years ago vs. today. In most desireable areas. & all over Manhattan, prices have doubled.
    Do I wish top caliber providers like Val or Cindy (I have never had the pleasure of either's company, but their reputation's speak volumes) offered lower fees? Of course, but I would not anticipate it.
    I conclude with one open question for the guys; did you ever feel you overpaid after a great session?

Best regards,
    Chernov

[Edited by Chernov on 08-01-2001 at 11:41 AM]