The downside of Webscorting

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Jan 4, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ValerieXXX

ValerieXXX

One Eye, Yes Vacation is good! I have regained my sanity somewhat!.....lol......... I have been working out hard so watch it guys! I just needed to have some time to myself and recapture what I came into this business for.
    Wimpy, oh hell yeah! I have no idea why, it is not like I go around trying to ruin other people's lives you know? I don't appreciate somebody divulging my personal life or what they think my personal life is. The mere fact that this person even suggested that my husband ran me and my business? Let me tell you, if my husband ran this I would not be the person I am, He tells me every day, how he wants to come back as a beautiful woman so he can be the biggest slut out there!!!!!!.....lol... I would have to guess once again a certain somebody has spread this crap, I need not mention names. I gotta say I got to the phone fast! A warning was given and let's just see what happens.
  2. wimpy

wimpy

Val,

I refer to TDB Seattle board where the person ripped into your and Jessica's personal life. Definitely someone who has an axe to grind with you.
  3. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

SB - Thanks for clarifying.

Re making good: Of course! Everyone makes mistakes, the measure of quality is how you respond to them. I dunno how many times I've walked away from a situation more impressed with the response to a fall than I would have had the fall never happened.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

sliceline.com?

i thought the name f*ckline.com was thrown around in the early days of UG.
  5. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Valerie.

Is vacation good?
  6. ValerieXXX

ValerieXXX

First off, God I gotta get a life!!!!!! (heheheheee) Vacation is good

Ok Wimpy. Which post were you speaking of hon?

As for the topic at hand, I do agree with the fact that professionals must try to make up for when something goes wrong. Totaly. Now in the case of chemistry not being right well, that should be handled by two adults. No flames, no name calling and not always pointing the finger at us. The industry is very good for you guys especially when the internet is comcerned. As for the providers, well it can be the land of plenty if she is worthy. There is a terrible downside of course I have touched on it on several occasions (I am trying to stay positive) and it has destroyed yours truly in a sense. ok maybe alot, but the point is she must walk away and regroup herself to make sure when she returns you guys are happy and there are no questions about making things up :0) Did I say vacation is good?
  7. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

And on a separate note:

any good business does things for their customers, especially when something ( whether within their control or not ) has gone wrong. A lot of good restaurants I know will buy you a round of drinks at the bar if your table isn't ready within a certain amount of time of your reserved time ( perhaps the best service model for restaurants in the NYC area is the Danny Meyer group, and you can see the resultant traffic reports ).

I have heard on many occasions of higher level agencies making up for bad sessions with their customers. If an independant wants to be a businessperson, they have to do some "customer care". That doesn't mean that nothing can ever go wrong. What tends to separate good service businesses from the pack is how they handle "dropping the ball ".
  8. Slinky Bender

justme,
    Take a look at the "SAMPLE" post.

Actually, the original concept of the "Need Something Today" area was that ladies could fill open slots in their schedule on short notice, perhaps at lower than what they usually wanted, but with certain advantages:

1) They could choose who to see. Perhaps they wouldn't do it for someone who they saw regularly, since it might risk the "usual" which they would charge that person. It could be sort of a "loss leader" in that if the guy enjoyed the session he might come back at "full price" some time.

2) The time would be "lost" anyway. This is the same reason as a lot of "reverse auction" items get auctioned. For airline tickets, once the flight has left the ground, there is never any chance of selling that tickety again. In the hobby, once an hour has passed, there is never any chance to book that hour again. this is a concept I have told my Real Estate clients about for a long time: if you are selling a property, you don't sell it this week for $500,000, then finbe, you can always sell it next week for $500,000. But if you are renting it and don't get that $3,000 for January 20001, well, you're never going to get a nickel for that month ever again. it's bettter to lower the rent and at least collect something. This, of course, is only valid to a point. i would never argue that someone who's going rate was $400 and hour should take $35 just because there was no appointment scheduled.

3) No one aside from that one customer would ever have to know what price the session was done at. There would be no "public notice" of any price reduction. Therefore it would not hurt "the brand".

4) Of course, not all "brands" are equal, so this is a little more difficult than some of the other similar services. if you say "I want a flight from Denver to NYC on 1/22/01 and I'll pay $300" it's a little different than saying "I want dinner for 2 for $75 on 1/22/01". Oviously if MacDonalds picked up the dinner for $75, the person requesting it might not think is was a good transaction. Similarly, not all contacts will result in a match.

As such, it is also important to note that there is no requirement what-so-ever that responding to a request needs to be at a discount. The person responding can quote any rate they want ( however, we STRONGLY discourage anyone from trying to price gouge - i.e. charging a rate higher than their usual ).

Just as an example, I have recently seen sevaral posts on various boards where some traveling independants have had no-shows, and complained bitterly about the loss of revenue ( and rightly so ). If they had someplace where they could book on short notice to make up for it, I think tis benefits both side of the business ( besides, even if a lady only discounted by the amount of the deposit that they took, they would be "even" for that time period, no ? ).

I also think that this would be a great place for incall operators to "troll" for business. If I had a house where on some days I had a bunch of my ladies sitting around with no business, it would pay for me to get some bodies in the door. This would both help me to retain my employees and get some new business. And while there is some argument that an individual lady might choose to have no session rather than a session at a discount, I really don't see how this argument has any weight for a house.
  9. justme

Slinky - Do you prevent price requests in the Need something tonite threads?
  10. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

http://www.SliceLine.com

(not a real website, I don't believe)

Guy puts up what he wants and what he's willing to pay, and let the girls bid on the service contract.

No more treating clients as ATM machines with dicks. It's funny about the pricing of services. Ain't cars and chicks the same way...don't they depreciate when you get a high mileage version?

I'm sure this post would be deleted on some boards, and maybe I'm posting it here to stimulate some of the providers to enter into the discussions.
  11. justme

You don't always get compensated, especially on extremely busy routes (Houston-Dallas for some fucking hideous reason comes to mind).
  12. robnotbob

robnotbob

frog: are you suggesting a "Frequent F**ker Card"?

I think that's an awesome idea. Like the car washes, get a card have the ticket punched, every 10 washes, get one free.

Or accumulate so many "miles" (Hey now that phrase YMMV makes sense!) and get discounts off your favorite girls!!

Now who could make that happen????
  13. frog

frog

Not wanting to be an airline apologist, but at least when you get bumped from a flight, you get a little something. Perhaps that should be SOP for our little business.
  14. justme

fletch

1.) Any airline in the country

3.) Well, Sir, our policy is to have a corporate issued refund check, but our billing cycle is once a month, so you can expect payment in about six weeks.

Non-professionalism abounds. Of course this does not excuse any of the behaviors that you mention.
  15. fletch

fletch Voice of Reason

Agreed, justme. However I don't think it takes any real degree of professional sophistication to stay away from some of the things that are most objectionable to us:

1. Intentionally overbooking clients.

2. Cancelling without notice.

3. Not promptly (and without being prompted) refunding pre-paid session fees or deposits when cancelling a session or a tour.
  16. justme

Banks used to have training programs in which new loan officers were taught how to do everything from picking out a suit to answering the phone (as well as actual banking tasks, too). With the shakeout in the 80's these programs were done away with. Now there recently has been a deman for 'real bankers', that is people who underwent this kind of training (look to see that demand get higher as the economy sours and loans default). I think that in any industry there is a difference between workers and professionals. The barrier to entry in this particular one, however, is slight, so I think it attracts quite a few women who have no idea what professioanlism entails. These are the type of women that are going to be hurt by adopting a web model, which makes their body even more of a bsuiness than traditional methods. Women with more professional attitudes are likely to see the same benefits that other industries have (which, IMHO, have been exagerated)
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

"codes of conduct"

i kinda think that should be written at the top of every single damn board in this business.

and then have a long list under it so all the dummy's would know how to act.

it would definitely save me some grief if everyone followed it.
  18. Slinky Bender

What fun is it to be APM if you can't exploit your friend's pain ?

I think we will find out that there are a number of ladies who will find a different business model out of some of these situations. I also think that perhaps some will realise that this can be a profession. However, that means more that higher pay. It also carries with it some responsibilities, "codes of conduct", etc.

I think we may be near a turning point in this corner of the hobby. I think that there will a a "shaking out" of some that thought that being an "internet star" was a great idea, but it hasn't worked out that way in practice.

[Edited by slinkybender on 01-04-2001 at 09:14 PM]
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

well it depends on what two providers....

theres the two or three who went "UTR" due to a few former clients who were ....lets say pests, to the ladies.

then theres the two or three or perhapes more who left due to the compitition getting a little too competitive.

both cases unfortounatly are hazzards of the business.

the difference being...the latter, theres no excuse for....theres plenty of business to be had by all.

hey moderator...take it easy on a friend. these are all touchy subject for me lately.

:rolleyes: look i even got the right face for that line.
  20. wimpy

wimpy

Here's my theory.

There are no more secrets. That's good. When used proper from a John's stand point, I the John can get maximum fufillment. When you used incorrect we can destroy someone life and lively hood. The post that Val eluded to could have messed her up. We have a powerful tool here. IE TBD,and others.