The effects of whoring on viewing the civilan population

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Jun 22, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. hobbyman08401

hobbyman08401

Now my own personal experience has born this out, and so help me I didn't realize it untilI read his thread (what an idiot, I'm usually more philosophical than that).

Not only do I partake of the occasional female companionship, but I also frequent the go-go bars here in south Jersey. Now I have befriended quite a number of the dancers at one particular establishment. When I walk in there I am surrounded by attractive younger ladies all vying for my time. I have even hired a few of the dancers to work for me at my business, and they perform their tasks well, and of course there is the occasional flirtation.

I offer this info since lately my wife and I have been going through a rather difficult time and she has stated on more than one occasion I don't seem to like her very much anymore.

Now I am a fairly attractive fellow (by others description, not my ego) but I have somewhat of the middle aged belly from quitting smoking.

I am beginning to think on slinky benders thoughts that perhaps I have left my normal 'dating pool' and I am going to walk away empty handed if and when my marraige falls apart.

So, in summary, perhaps hobbying DOES have an effect on your relationships by emboldening you to act on things you would not normally do.
  2. JXM

JXM Bronze

Not much more.
  3. JXM

JXM Bronze

Might not be fabulous, but it is far less complicated than the alternative.
  4. JXM

JXM Bronze

Ever hear of craigslist?
  5. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Had a live example of this on my vacation I just completed. My host has an 18 year old helping to take care of his kids. She's very good looking and I had trouble not imagining her with her clothes off doing me. In the past, say pre-whoring, I would be thinking about what might have been and feeling regrets for the marrigae choices I've made. Now my mind just goes right to the sex. How would she perform? Can she effectively fake an orgasm? She's not unreachable and misted in the haze of desire and melancholy.

Overall, that's not such a bad thing.
  6. curious

curious

Hey, I'm not saying it's the True Answer; but when you talk with people from that background, it's usually best to couch an explanation in terms that they can understand/identify with ("meeting them at their level", as it were).

So, for the purposes of communicating with them, what seems to be the most "correct" answer is that he was obviously insufficiently holy.
  7. vermeer

vermeer

she looks like she can take 12" down her throat and tongue your balls and ass at the same time. can anyone here confirm this? surely there must be some oldtimer here that banged her once?

8. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Yeah..... that's what must have been the problem.......
  9. curious

curious

Holding him to his movement's standard for faith, would it be fair to say that it seems his beliefs were deficient in some aspect? :rolleyes:
  10. Slinky Bender

Since thre's some cross play between threads, I wanted to point out that this is exactly the type of thing I was talking about when I came up with the thesis that guys whioring has an effect on their relationships with women:

11. Wwanderer

Wwanderer Kids, don't try this at home

The word "usually" in the Henry Ford quote distinguishes it in a very significant way, imo, from the world view of the Pentecostals. There is a difference between awareness of a calculated risk and religious certainty.

-Ww
  12. Slinky Bender

I guess this is as good a quote as any to represent this concept in it's forms in this thread (so just include all the posts about this topic as being replied to here).

There is a religious group called Pentecostals, and splinter groups are Holly Rollers and Snake Handlers (formally "Church of God with Signs Following"). They think that if you "believe" strongly enough, you can drink poison, handle poisonous snakes and other such acts and everything will be just fine, because you are a "believer". To some extent, the same thesis is being presented here: that you can do some dangerous stuff (and I'm not just talking about physical danger), but as long as you are a believer, everything will be just fine.

BTW George Went Hensley, who is generally accepted as the founder of this movement, died of a snake bite.
  13. greyfox

greyfox

It was like $200 now,but it was more than I could afford at the time.She reportedly got a divorce settlement of $20 million,and is filming Ocean's 13.She and Clooney fucking would make good tabloid fodder.When you snooze,you lose.I missed my chance.She had that slutty,slinky look that I still like in the prostitutes I see now.
  14. vermeer

vermeer

I heard from a semi-reliable source that ellen barkin sucked cock for cash in her younger days. you should have offered $50. in 1972 that was good money.

15. Thorn

Thorn

I can't speak for Ww's posts, though I find them to fit the criteria we are discussing.

I can tell you that mine regard the morality of cheating at all and the concept of whether, if one is to cheat, there is a counter-balance in place that makes the gain of it at least equal to the damage caused.

Where prostitution fits into it is the notion that if one is to cheat, seeing prostitutes may be the least damaging form of cheating to a "committed" relationship and thus more "moral" than other forms of cheating.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  16. Thorn

Thorn

RE: "Middle Class Values Makes U.S. a World Leader.

Warning! Long post that will probably be dull for many. Read on at your own risk.

The reason the U.S. came into ascendancy was:

1) Expansion across a continent that is rich is resources.

2) An early switch from an agriculture based economy to manufacturing base that got its jump start on the industrial revolution because of a republic founded on democratic principles and multitude of cheap foreign labor wanting in on that.

3) Add to that a big, big, big push on infrastructure after the Civil War.

4) Two major wars in Europe that crushed the life out of what was left of the super powers of the time, who had expanded their interests past the point they could competently control them.

5) A work ethic, historically claimed to be tied to a set of religious beliefs [Protestant Work Ethic], which I can find nothing within theocratic study to base that on. It would seem much of it to be more geographical if I had to bet on it [Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Celtic, if it suits one better who were feeling various forms Anglo-Saxon prejudices in their home lands and made desirous of a new start free of those pressures], but I wouldn't care to bet on it.

Perhaps it had more to do with a selection process that presented a great hardship to come to a new land. Thus those who were willing to brave that hardship for a new start were also those willing to put what ever backbone and elbow grease it might take to strive for success. Since many of these people also just happened to be Protestant their puritanical dogma regarding sex happened to simply piggy back along for the ride, having nothing to actually do with the final success of the U.S. as an economy.

The U.S. is in decline currently because:

1) The expansion that continued to bring in new resources into the U.S. is long since over. We rely, more and more, on resources from outside the U.S. Oil chiefly among them, but there are many others.

2) While we got the big jump again from a manufacturing based economy to a technologically based one we didn't finish the process well. Stuck somewhere between the two now, doing neither as well as we should.

3) The big push for ever better infrastructure has been dead for 50+ years. Our infrastructure is decades behind the currently technology and well into decline and disrepair. It hampers our commerce greatly and is a detriment, rather than a catalyst, to the gross national product.

4) In a relatively peaceful world, with small [by historical comparison] border clashes and guerilla [terrorist] tactics the major threats the engine that drove the U.S. economy into the forefront of the world is missing what gave it its biggest spark into prominence.

It is a now a world market driven by cost:demand ratios [smaller margins, bigger movement of product... which applies to just about everything other than oil], governmental involvements [tariffs, trade agreements, etc] and other matters we have proven, as a government and a society, not to be as good at as when we are driven by a "war economy".

5) Perhaps related to the above, it is no longer difficult to come into this country. The filter that weeded out many but those most driven to succeed no longer exists, except perhaps for those crossing the deserts at our southern border [which leads to all sorts of interesting conundrums regarding those issues].

We've become quite content and thus a little lazy, perhaps. We have lapsed back to 19th of the industrialized nations [last I checked] in literacy. No longer success driven as a society we have replaced success with "happiness" [what ever that means?] as our primary motivating factor.

We are losing our status as an economic super power by the day and it is only a matter of time before the U.S. is supplanted as the leading world economic player.

Conclusion: All this while we maintain our puritanical ethos regarding sex and committed relationships. So I have to conclude that our "blue collar ethics" and "middle-class values" has had little to do with our leading, but ever shrinking, dominance as an economic super power.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  17. Wwanderer

Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

-Ww
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  18. justlooking

justlooking

I don't think I'm that unique, though.
  19. justlooking

justlooking

What the fuck do I know about other people's personal lives?
  20. Wwanderer

Are you speaking just for yourself or are you saying that what me might call Rokin's sour grapes hypothesis is entirely, or almost entirely, wrong?

-Ww