The Harem - new strip club?

Discussion in 'Northern New Jersey' started by turboman2002, Jul 13, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. turboman2002

turboman2002

'Went to The Harem last night....

'round midnight.... $20 cover charge (first impression - twice as much as Stiletto's). You walk into a nice large room, comfortable tables and chairs to your left, the stage to your right, and a small bar in the back left. I opted for the bar, and ordered a $10 Sprite which tasted like turpentine. There were 6 girls working, none of them very attractive - the best looking was a brunette who rated a solid 7. I couldn't figure out where the table dances took place, but on my way to the men's room in the back of the place, I noticed a small curtained room to the left that looked plush and dimly lit ( I assume this is where it happens) 'Sorry for the lame review, but i was so unimpressed, and $30 bucks lighter right off the bat, that I only stayed for 1/2 an hour. It's probably better on the weekend, but for my money, Stilleto's is still the place.
  2. turboman2002

turboman2002

Some Harem thoughts...

Humble, I am also confused as to how the hell this could have happened. Considering the bust involved both the Lodi Police and the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office (who last made headlines with the Ultima Spa raid), this does not surprise me. The Harem was in violation of ABC regulations by charging a cover while permitting BYOB? More nonsense - why not just charge $25 for your first glass of juice?
  3. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

any further details on bust at Harem?

I read the article and can't help wondering how the hell this could happen. Are they saying the dancer offered services to be received right there or outside of the club? If outside, how can the owner be liable? If inside, that would be crazy, given the public nature of these clubs. Anybody know?

For those who made it to Harem: what's the layout? Are there truly private areas? Most clubs have no really private areas and the thought of girls actually trying to perform anything skin-to-skin seems absurd.
  4. fumpton

fumpton

Delilah's is definitley one of the better clubs in Jersey. The girls are hot, nothing less than an 8 every night. I like to go during the early evening around 7-8pm. Less crowd and the girls pay more attention to you. The lapdance area is semi-private. They have a couches set up with potted plants separating you from the next guy. They opened up a new VIP area, but I nevered tried it. I had one of my best lapdances from a girl named Vanessa, a petite little blonde with cupcake titties. I don't know if any extras are available--I never asked and I was never offered. If you do want to go to a club with extras, try Passions in Middletown.
  5. turboman2002

turboman2002

Update on The Harem!

Driving down 17 South en route to the city last night, I was on the lookout for The Harem. Unfortunately, I was unable to get in the right lane (anyone familiar with Route 17 will appreciate this) and sailed past the club, catching a glimpse of it in the rear view mirror. I opened the paper this morning to read the following:

http://northjersey.com/bsouth/haremec200107297.htm

The article made me sad that I couldn't merge!
  6. nj george

nj george

hurrah's

you're right about the neighborhood. i used to go there at 12 noon right when they opened and hung out for a few hr. or until i ran out of $$!! not too bad during the day. wouldn't catch me near the place after sunset though!!
  7. ryan

ryan

I knew GGR would eventually get mentioned... have read lots of press on this place similar to what you guys are saying here.

I stopped in at Hurrah's recently around dinner time and its still open. Actually it was unplanned I just happened to be driving by and had to have a look. I swear this is the biggest dump and dive I ever saw!! But I suspect there is good mileage here. You have to buy a membership for $25 which lasts 3 months. Then each visit has a $9-15 cover depending on your time of arrival. BYOB. Probably a good time but proceed with caution - the neighborhood is a little scary too.
  8. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

How did I forget GGR!

Mea Culpa. Of course, nice, high-mileage laps found here! Lots of touching, but the girls are still in thongs, right? Been a while and I don't remember.

The thing I didn't like was that you were on a stool and literally inches from other guys on either side. Also, the mgt is really in control of the process in a very direct and overbearing way. I was dragged there by a dancer I knew from Stilleto's.
  9. DannyNJ

DannyNJ

About 2-3 miles south of Delilahs Gold on Rt 35 is another premiere NJ Club - Go Go Rama. For some odd reason, the lapdances here are completely hands ON and expected. Not sure how they get away with this since a lot of Clubs get busted for dancers letting guys touch their breasts and private areas.

Personally I find Go Go Rama to be dingy, and the lapdance area is out in the open where anyone can see (and many do stand 3 feet away and watch your dance as you get it), but the girls are definitely high quality. A lot of real knockouts here.

My personal preference is for Delilahs, but if anyone makes a long trip to that part of NJ it's worth checking out both Clubs since they're so close.

NOTE: Both have $10 cover. And both are juice bars (no alcohol at all) since dancers are nude.
  10. nj george

nj george

t&a's

went there several times about 4-5 yr ago. the lap dances, at least the ones i got, were strictly hands off. even when the girls would make their rounds on the bar it was a strict hands off policy.

anybody go to Hurrah's on the corner of preakness ave and main st in paterson? a little seedy but the girls were mostly pretty hot. and most of them would let you touch whereever you wanted. haven't been there in yrs. is it still open?
  11. ryan

ryan

Thanks for the info on Stilleto's. I agree with all your comments - it can be pricey but also a lot of fun. I don't go for lap dances as much as I used to.

I Have been to Delilah's Gold in South Amboy. I believe this is the same club - it seems to go by both names on the web. I know there is a Delilah's Den in Pleasantville. I found the SA club enjoyable as well since the layout is somewhat similar to Lace - very spacious and cozy. And I did have some nice laps with a brunette named Suzanne - allowed me a few liberties.

Hott22 is also not convenient for me, and Delilah's Gold is also too far. Closest places are the other ones we mentioned. The place I know best is T&A in Monsey, which is just over the border in NY. Does anyone remember the laps here prior to April 2000? That's when T&A banned "hands on" laps. Prior to that, the laps were hands on and high mileage. I had several phenomenal experiences here with two hot Hungarian girls, Renata and Gabriella. You just park your hands and bliss out. Renata was a goddess but unfortunately went back to Hungary. You can still have high mileage laps at T&A now but you can't touch - at least not officially :).
  12. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

Always at your service...

The hands-on aspect at Stilleto's is one-way only, i.e., the ladies can touch you but you can't touch them. This is not a problem for me given that the ladies I enjoy visiting do all the touching necessary for both of us ;-)

As for the typical investment, I like to spend a lot of time with the dancers, so I usually spend about the same that I would at a cheap incall place, so many would argue that this is not a cost-effective means of satisfaction. I think it is a matter of personal preference. Frankly, I do see providers or MP's more than I go to strip clubs, but it is still fun and at the right place with the right dancer(s), it can be a whole big bunch of fun!

Hot22 is also a very good high-mileage place, as you probably know, but I don't like the straddle approach that is the norm there. I much more prefer the dancer to be between my legs. Oh my. Also, it is not conveniently located for me.

One more to try: Delilah's Den. It's in South Amboy (I think) and it is also nude/juice and has some tremendous mileage potential.
  13. ryan

ryan

Just want to say thanks to Allen for finally creating a dedicated NJ board. I have not contributed much so far but will a little more in the future.

Bill - great link ! Thanks. Even have a discussion board. Though I notice that Stiletto's comment board is closed at their request. Heh. I guess that confirms HN comments about mileage.

I was only at Lace once back in Feb. I guess it depends if mileage is how you define a great club. Personally I go mainly to relax, have a couple drinks and look at beautiful women. I find Lace perfect for this. The club is huge with a great ambience, comfortable lounge area seating and two stages. I can just settle in and enjoy. I also appreciate the inexpensive laps at Lace, if I want just a little more. I go to Satin Dolls and Shakers for similar reasons, but you can't relax the same way - you're sitting up at the bar and have to constantly tip the girls walking by. It's all right, just not my preferred format.

If I were to go back to Stilleto's it would be for the mileage. I didn't partake last time, and I went at dinner time when it was slow. But the place is cramped.

HN can I ask two questions: are the dances "hands on" and what's a typical investment for "complete satisfaction"? Now that I think of it, I've never had that level of satisfaction at a strip club before. Just haven't explored it enough - plus it takes me awhile and for about the same price I can have a guaranteed good time at a spa. On occasion, I have also visited strip clubs as a nice "warm up" for spa sessions as well (gets the anticipation going....). I have had some great laps at Hott22. Based on your recommendation I'll give Stiletto's another try next time I'm looking for mileage.
  14. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

15. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I've been to Stiletto's once. All of the girls were gorgeous, ranging from 7-10. I had one dance with one of the cutest ones, but I saw that at least one other guy was getting more for his money, and so I now plot his ultimate downfall! Bwahahahaha!
    I don't remember the name of the girl who gave me the lapdance.
  16. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

filling in the blanks

Hmm. The two times I went there the lap dances were full-contact, but dancer-to-customer only. I didn't think the quality of the ladies was all that great, so I didn't stay more than about an hour.

I used to work about one mile from Lace and used to have "executive meetings" there several times a month (plus my own private expolorations!) Prior to about 2 years ago, the place was much more open and you could have a lot of fun there for $10 per dance. The owner decided to do away with the back room, installed cameras everywhere and fired a bunch of girls that were the top money-makers. I have been back there at least a couple dozen times since then, but the mileage is significantly lower.

As for Stilleto's, I have to say that this is the best place for lap dances I have ever been to anywhere in the world. Period. I find that getting to talk to the lady while getting the dance is the perfect way to get to know her. I have rarely left there without being "completely satisfied". There is a certain thrill to me of being in a room full of naked women writhing all over guys that I can't really see, rubbing themselves and whispering very nasty things in my ears. My favorites there are Alexis, Marie, Paris and Charlie. These ladies never fail to please me. Oh my goodness. I could tell stories for miles, but not today.

FYI, Lace and Stilleto's are owned by the same mgt., but Lace is bikini/alcohol while Stilleto's is nude/juice.
  17. ryan

ryan

I tried to find it the other day and must have drove past. I ended up at Shakers - ok place smaller version of Satin Dolls with correspondingly fewer girls.

I'm always impressed at the quality of girls at Satin Dolls every time I go there. (although there's a LOT of silicone). Too bad the private dances are non-contact. btw there's a "Girls of the Bada Bing!" layout in August Playboy. I'll check out The Harem soon enough...

I went to Stiletto's once and was thoroughly unimpressed. Few customers, girls were OK but strictly interested in private dances and no getting-to-know-you. And with the valet and everything else it just felt like a lot of money for nothing. Perhaps I went at the wrong time of day, but I doubt I'll be back.

To date, the best NNJ club I've been to is Lace in Wayne.
  18. funacura

funacura

The Harem has the same owner as Satin Dolls and AJ's it is fully nude BYOB, I was there last week and it was ok the girls said that it has been slow right now but that will change once the name gets around. Its hard to find at fist its actually in the strip mall next to Marty's shoes
  19. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

Nude Juice bar

Talked to a friend who dances there but haven't been yet. She says it is a nice place, much like Stilleto's.

Gotta love them high-mileage lap dances!
  20. Phantom

Phantom

[Edited by Phantom on 08-06-2001 at 04:43 PM]