The Internet homogenizing pricing

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Bandaid, Jul 7, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Wwanderer

Wwanderer Kids, don't try this at home

Yeah, can you believe it? I wept and wept (Wwept?).

-Ww
  2. curious

curious

Like THIS isn't mockery of a sort?

:confused:

Yesterday, 11:05 PM #15
    slinkybender
    banned

3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

You were mocked on a message board??????????
  4. Wwanderer

Right, but as Slinky points out, it is even more insidious than just that; there is also a lot of intentional disinformation, virtually a propaganda war.

On a different message board I was recently mocked by a retired provider for claiming that experience and insider connections are very valuable in finding quality experiences with prostitutes. She said, in effect, that any dolt could look through internet sources such as ER or CL, phone up the lady of his choice, fork over the fee and have a blast...as simple as that. I couldn't help but chuckle and wonder what her agenda might be.

-Ww
  5. Slinky Bender

It's actually gotten worse (much worse) in some respects: paticularly in something which I despise: disinformation. Before the internet, an agency would run 3 ads at three different prices and send out the same girls. But if you were only a slightly savvy customer, you could discern a lot of what was going on.

Today, we have third parties giving various "stamps of approval", being compensated in one way or another for doing so, and misleading unknowing "marks" by giving them their "expert unbiased advice".
  6. Bandaid

Bandaid

Ww,

I take your point; we're getting the "ask" but not the "sell."
  7. Wwanderer

As far as I can tell, this is a quite important effect. In the old days, before prostitution went online, the market was rather "opaque"...lots of missing information (for both providers and mongers) about who was doing what for how much. Now there is a lot more information available, but much, maybe most, of it is incorrect or at least incomplete. Thus, a different sort of fog prevails...and limits the effect of "market forces".

-Ww
  8. Bandaid

Bandaid

Thanks, Slinky, it just seems odd that an unexceptional girl way outside New York is asking for $250. She's getting a lot more than the New York girl, given the "exchange rate" between the two places.
  9. Slinky Bender

Of course, there are always girls who are underpriced and should raise there prices to market value.
  10. Slinky Bender

Also , to answer the original query by bandaid, I think you are correct, not only between markets, but within markets. What I think happens is that girls who are asking a certain rate see another's ad and say to themselves "Hey, I'm better looking than she is. How come she's charging $XXX?" and raise their rates.

What they forget is that just because somene is advertising at $XXX, it doesn't mean they are getting it, and even if they are getting it, they don't know what it is that they are doing to get it.
  11. Slinky Bender

Again, I know that sounds like it has to be true, but in this very peculiar market it really isn't. Take a look at CL over the last year or so. What you have, in general (in at least this example sub-segment I'll use) is: a bunch of rather attractive girls advertsising for $180 / hr masssage and tug sessions. They get no business, so they stop/leave the business and are replaced by a new set of rather attractvie girls who advertise at the same price and get no business, so they leave and are replaced by...........

If anyone has been paying attenyion, this is what has actually happened, to the point where one of the indpendent massage girls I know says she thinks there are only really about 4 or 5 truly indpendent massage girls on CL, and I know there used to be dozens.
  12. donquixote04

donquixote04

While this is certainly true for many individual providers, in the aggregate, the tautology will indeed work out to be true for the most part. That is, the providers who post ads all day long at above-market rates will eventually decide or be forced to do something else (get married, pursue crime, or find some other way to support themselves). The market void they create will be filled by other providers who, on average, in aggregate, are priced along market lines. In other words, I believe the market will work, but not for every individual provider (or consumer).
  13. Slinky Bender

While this seems like a tautolgy, it isn't. Simply persuing Cl will show you this, since there are women who, rather than charge what the market will bear, stay at home and attempt to get more than the market will bear. As a result, they run ad after ad after ad rather than seeing appointments.
  14. justlooking

justlooking

I'm trying very hard to understand what else they should be charging.
  15. Aegis911

Aegis911

The pricing is out of control. New birds are charging what experienced women are charging without any regard to service, standards, experience, etc. They are charging what the market will bear - and some are trying to charge different prices to see if they get more business.
    The ONLY way this will change is when the business drops off and the women begin charging less to attract more mongers.
  16. The ladies in the sticks charge less and give more. Everything in NYC is overpriced. Paying over $200 is less for more 90% of the time. The best times are $200 or less in the sticks - search the net and make the trip into the hinterland.
  17. Bandaid

Bandaid

When goldman posted he was going to Charlotte and looking to monger, I killed a few minutes by browsling the erotic section of Craig's list for Charloote. I was surprised to find that most of the prices quoted weren't really different than for NYC!

I wondered how could this be for a place where pretty much everything else is bound to be less. It wasn't hard to figure out - internet advertising, especially Craig's List. Providers in the sticks look at the prices in New York and think they can get the same thing, and so they try. That makes pussy in Charlotte much more expensive than pussy in New York in real terms. In other words, a $250 session in Charlotte is a quarter of a house payment, in New York forget it.

Probably what's missing in Charlotte is the same high-end we've got in New York.