The Politically Correct and Legally Perfected Holiday Greeting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by redleg609, Dec 22, 2005.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. tomnyc31

tomnyc31

LOL, thanks! Just sent my Christmas card to the ACLU :)
  2. buzz99

buzz99

Hey Rooster!

Where'd you get this factoid from?
  3. fumpton

fumpton

send that to PETA
  4. Troutman

Troutman Paste

DREAMING OF A GREEN CHRISTMAS: OK, you want to celebrate Christmas. Do you get a fake plastic Christmas tree which could leach toxic chemicals, or cut down a living, if maybe pesticide-laden, tree only to throw it away after a couple of weeks? Environmentalist Kristi Chester Vance of San Francisco, Calif., decided to buy a real tree to decorate her house for her Christmas party.

"I'm a forest activist, and there's a dead tree in the middle of my house," she admitted. "Geez, if I have a tree, why not nail the last snow leopard to the wall, too?" But, she says, Christmas trees are farmed products, "kind of like corn."

Still unsure which way to go? Eric Antebi of the Sierra Club offers a suggestion: "Allow me to put in a plug for Hanukkah, which celebrates the miracle of a little bit of oil lasting eight days," he said.

"You've got to love a holiday that's all about energy efficiency."

(San Francisco Chronicle)
  5. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

The ACLU is the biggest bunch of ass-holes in this country. They parade around stating they are trying to protect the rights of the people. Do most of you realize that they do this at the expense of approximately $200 to $250 per hour? How many times do they work for free or at discounted rates? Not usually.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

It's never too late to send them a box of dog shit.
  7. moneyshotsnj

moneyshotsnj

I put them on my list. This year will be late, but they will get it on time every year until I stop sending cards
  8. biglarry1

biglarry1

I've just sent mine. Too bad it won't get there until after Christmas now.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  9. moneyshotsnj

moneyshotsnj

Fun with the ACLU

Fun with the ACLU

Wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS? Send the
    ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD! As they are working so
    very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this
    holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN,
    card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it. Here's the
    address, just don't be rude or crude. (It's not the
    Christian Way ya know?)

ACLU
    125 Broad Street
    18th Floor
    New York, NY 10004

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their
    operations because they wouldn't know if any
    were regular mail containing contributions......
    So spend 37 cents and tell the ACLU to leave
    Christmas alone.

Also tell them that there is no such thing as a
    Holiday Tree....It's a Christmas Tree even in the
    fields!!
  10. letsgetstarted

letsgetstarted

According to the World Book

The traditional celebration of Boxing Day included giving money and other gifts to charitable institutions, needy individuals, and people in service jobs.
  11. letsgetstarted

letsgetstarted

I know you are joking, but just for edification; "Boxing Day" is not Canada's Christmas. It's the day after, when people have off so they can box-up their unwanted Christmas gift's and return them to the stores. And while they are there, they can buy left over merchandise.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  12. biglarry1

biglarry1

If people don't want to accept my" Merry Christmas" then they can ignore me or offer whatever greeting they want to me.

And to my Canadian friends " Happy Boxing Day"
  13. redleg609

redleg609

Not original to me. Came in my mail recently.
  14. redleg609

redleg609

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all ...

A N D

A fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "America" in the Northern hemisphere,) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.