This post has been deleted...

Discussion in 'Craigs list & Backpage' started by Monk, Jan 17, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bandaid

Bandaid

Many providers only want to use the phone and most want your number and some your name.
  2. Jordan

Jordan banned

Private Club

I saw a post few days ago stating of a "private club" (??) No information, no phone. I sent an ***** and received a somewhat quick reply, asking that all can be discussed on the phone and that I should provide name and my phone number. I went back and said impossible to provide. You think this is LE.
  3. murman36

murman36

If I were some scumbag providor, i'd be tempted to flag the competition, sorta cornering the market on hobbiests. Any system that is free will always attract scumbags who abuse it.
  4. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

I Have The Answer!

I think you are having this problem when using the search function.

Yesterday and today I noticed a problem with the search function on craigslist.

When you do a search all that the result show's you are two day old post's, NOT CURRENT POST'S!

I think that is why you are finding a large number of deleted post's. Because you are find post's from a few day's ago.

The way to get around this problem is to "refresh" your page and re-do the search. It may take a few attempts.
  5. Bandaid

Bandaid

I thought of another possibility. Somebody figured out how to hack the delete process and is screwing around. No evidence for that, either, of course.
  6. nycisthebest

nycisthebest

I was going to write something about this until I saw this thread. I did a search for Asian on CL and every single post was deleted. I don't think it's LE. I can't even guess as to why this happened.
  7. Bandaid

Bandaid

Nipplepincher,

Why do you think the cops deleted those posts? Are there that many arrensts of CL clients? How many have you heard of, in the newspaper I mean, not here?

May I suggest other possible explanations?

The poster already got enough clients or the response they wanted.

The poster started getting harassed by nut cases.

Nut cases were putting up insane posts which were getting deleted.

You should consider the alternatives to guesses you have no evidence for.
  8. nipplepincher

nipplepincher banned

Put my money on two letters

L E. personally i think those deleted posts were from cops.

It could mean those post were posted by cops or the provider where already arrested and the police requested cl to bring down the posts.

You judge

Nipple
  9. Monk

Monk

Did anyone notice yesterday on CL that there were an inordinate number of posts that had either been deleted by CL or voluntarily deleted by the posters themselves? What's up?