Tipping

Discussion in 'New York' started by mij317, Jun 14, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. generousguy

generousguy

Finally ,, we are on a impt. subject.

I like the delay tip idea.... I will try that one and check the results...very good idea. It is tricky, pay up front and they think they have your money,tip at the end and , well, you got it already so unless you are going back...well. Lets face it ones reputation is on the line. If you are going to spend money for fun, well spend and have fun. I regularly tip Domino a c note. We all have to admit she deserves it and works hard each and every time and never complains or asks for $$ for anything, I think you should tip on performnace 'cause that is what a girl has control over, I don't think it makes sense to a girl based on looks. I think 50% rewards and keeps the good ones in business .

Now, someone share with me..who are Ozzy's Brazillians? I am looking for a little time in rio...phone #, review, url all are welcome.
  2. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

someone has to do it.

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-25-2001 at 05:32 PM]
  3. Monk

Monk

I think we can agree, though, that the best providers are the ones who are professional enough to expect that great service will be amply rewarded and who don't have to be bribed up front or in the middle of the session> or, worse yet, hussle you for additional services.

So the question is still on the floor: for an average (say $250/hour) session, what's your average tip?

What the hell, let's name names. What do you guys tip Domino or some of the other Julie's regulars? Or Ozzy's Brazillians? (Let's stick to one hour sessions for now, just to be "scientific".)

I admit that I'm a bit stingy. I tip Domino $20-40, depending on whether we spoke Greek and whether I thought she was into it that particular day.
  4. Wowie69

Wowie69

I wait till I am 5-10 minutes into the 'good part' of the session and if I realize that I am with someone talented, then I will offer a very nice tip - usually about 50% of the overall fee. I too, find this gets great results from the providers. I find this to be a little safer method than generousguy's technique of tipping at the start of the session - the girl might just be average (or worse) even with a big tip. At that point, it's a bit difficult to ask for your tip back.

Wowie69
  5. generousguy

generousguy

I find tipping essential and the key to the whole hobby. Firstly, you are going there for one reason, to have the best time possible and she is providing service for one reason, to get the most money possible...this makes it simple. You must tip well to get the best time. I typically tip 50% UP FRONT, no point to tipping afterwards since the service is over and you are leaving it up to chance this lets her know how to treat you and you tell her that you will tip more for top service--this gives her the incentive to still give her best. then afterwards it will be another 20% to 50%. this never fails to get me what I came for...I never get mediocre service and I get what I am in the hobby for. I gave a provider a 100% tip recently -- and she orgasmed right there and immediately gave me her private phone number and the number of a very hot friend of hers who does not "work"..if you don't spend your money on getting the best treatment in bed why be in the hobby -- my 2 cents anyway
  6. candie

candie

Tipping is so personal. Its hard to compare waitressing to bodily harm too.

I once gave the half the tip back as Daty was exceptional. I really don't like when someone hands me a tip and says buy something for your kids. That just buggs me so as my kids have nothing#$#%$%^& ....takes a cold shower :)
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy

DITTO!

but you can't compare waiting on tables to this.

can't compare barbers/hairdressers either.
  8. jmp

jmp

I don't know about that. If a waitress were to suddenly give me a BBBJTC, I'd sure as hell give a tip more than 50% of the cost of the dinner.
  9. mij317

mij317

Ok, clearly a tip is proportionate to the level of service. Duh.

But no matter how well a waiter serves me, I dont tip him 50% of the cost of dinner. I wondering whether there are any "tipping guidelines" ie what is considered a good tip.

Also, can someone tell me whether its necessary to tip an independent? It seems that if the independent is setting her own price, that price should be all inclusive.

Thanks for the help.
  10. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Tips

I guess it depends upon the provider and the quality of service. Wouldn't you leave a larger tip for a high quality waitress or bartender, then poor quality ones?
  11. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

I always tip after the session, the amount depends on the service that was provided. I actually went to a place once where there was a sign which read "Please tip 20%" The service wasn't great, as the lady had been away from the business for a few months, and she even left the room twice to answer the phone. She was a nice girl, even with the interruptions. BTW, her name was Angelica and I think she's advertising on TBD as "Brazillian Bombshell".
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

50% always gets me smiles......

alright before all the guys kill me, i was only beating MRNY to the punch line.

;)z
  13. mij317

mij317

Can anyone clue a newbie in to how much I should tip a provider?

Do I use a 15% method a la service staff and say 20% if I am happy with the service?

I can understand the idea of tipping a girl who works for an agency but isnt it unnecessary to tip an independent? I mean, I service people and am self employed and I never get tips despite that fact that my clients are kept happy.

Thanks.