Tit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lou Grant, Feb 7, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. lamont5123

lamont5123

Jarhead,

I'm with you. I know that flag burning is supposed to be tolerated.

But it has always bothered me.

There are other ways to show your displeasure at a country's policies.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead

Tit For Tat Touche'

Actually; in context, this asshole is right. Nobody has a right to bitch either. It's probably not a bad idea in the sense that they might get acclimated to responding to this kind of Western irresponsible news media in the same manner; as opposed to chopping off heads or going on rampages. It really doesn't hurt anyone except for emotional disgust. Big deal. I've seen pictures of Christ flashing a bird, which would offend some people but I always take into consideration the source. It always bothered me when I saw an American flag being burned (at home or away). A lot of people died for that flag over the years. Although my distaste for the symbolism never goes away; my tolerance of their right to do so is respected. (Be-grudgingly).
  3. Rokin

Rokin

I have not been on the Al-Jazeera page lately but i will check it out.
  4. Lou Grant

Lou Grant

I don't know. Have you ever been to the Al-Jazeera (english) web page and checked out their cartoon contributions? I think it might be rather close.
  5. Rokin

Rokin

On the Curtis and Kuby show in the morning, Kuby thinks that a war of cartoons, as opposed to a real war, wouold be great and that the west will win because we have better cartoonists. Pretty funny.
  6. JackStraw

JackStraw

I guess that in a wierd way this might actually be an improvement. Afterall, the "president" of Iran denies that the holocaust ever happened.
    No doubt the "winners" will be deliberately and blatantly hateful and humorless. The Danish cartoons may be insensitive, but some of them are pretty funny.
  7. Lou Grant

Lou Grant

for Tat:

Iranian paper seeks Holocaust cartoons
    Publication says competition is a direct response to Mohammad caricatures

KABUL, Afghanistan - A prominent Iranian newspaper said Tuesday it would hold a competition for cartoons on the Holocaust to test whether the West extends the principle of freedom of expression to the Nazi genocide as it did to the caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

Hamshahri, one of Iran’s largest papers, made clear the contest is a reaction to European newspapers’ publication of Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which have led to demonstrations, boycotts and attacks on European embassies across the Islamic world. Several people have been killed.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11216508