True friendships?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by georgelong, Apr 5, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. guy catelli

guy catelli

2. guy catelli

guy catelli

today's "lucky numbers": 16, 19, 21, 24, 28, 36.
  3. guy catelli

guy catelli

you did get happy news. the 'news' (to you) is: never buy on margin.

the 'happy' part is that you got this 'news' before your 30th birthday. ;)
  4. nashman

nashman

Guy,

I beg to differ on your fortune cookie never lies post.

Past Thursday I got a fortune that read Happy News is on it's way to you. Lucky Numbers 3, 15, 23, 27, 31, 47

On Friday some positions in my portfolio were liquidated due to a house margin call. I wound up with losses that I wasn't expecting to be realized.

I'm still waiting for my happy news unless Dawn is going to show up at my door to help me celebrate my 30th B-Day coming up. She can send me an email and that would be happy news!
  5. Casper

Casper

On the subject of fortune cookies: I had one the other day opened it up, pulled out my fortune and on the back of it where it would normally be blank white space, there was a friggin ADVERTISEMENT to a web site. Mama mia where's the remote, I never watch commercials .... lol

it's off topic I know but wtf.

Peace Out
    C
  6. guy catelli

guy catelli

fortune cookie never lies

the fortune cookie that came with my won ton soup today reads: "Don't expect romantic attachments to be strictly logical or rational!"

oh, Oz, the 'Lucky Numbers' are: 6, 7, 26, 27, 36, 37
  7. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Kind of weird, like our emotional attachments are nothing more than chemical reactions designed to help propogate the species. Kind of depressing, actually, but it makes sense.
  8. Casper

Casper

Re: Casper

My point was that men are more adept at having sex with women and just being able to walk away with no emotional attachment. Women on the other hand historically are the ones that have a hard time doing the same. I will however qualify the above by saying that I too have known a "few" women that will try to be like men and have sex without thinking they will be attached. Odds are, they cannot do so as easily as men can. On that note, I came across some information a while ago that stated that when women have sex, there is some kind of chemical (hormone) released that effects them. And it's this chemical (hormone) that causes the female to become emotionally attached ( I guess this would be over time).

Just my 2 cents
    Peace Out
    C
  9. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

You know, I used to think that if two people liked each other then everything else be damned. I still sort of feel that way.

I guess in this hobby, as with everything, it depends upon the people. Most people, I think, don't feel like I do about that sort of thing.

Mostly, I remember my ex (who, again, did not look back on her days as a provider too fondly) not wanting her family to know about her past, and not wanting it to still be a part of her personal life.
  10. candie

candie

men

Casper, I would Never allow myself to get emotional to the point where its just not healthy. I love and enjoy what I do but would Never allow Anyone to stray off that provider/client road to fun .

Maybe its where my head is at. <oh i do try not to use that word...honest I do> but then again maybe its my past experiences in real life that keeps me focused too. I have gained many friends that I will play with but Never would I allow anyone to fall off that path.

I will start talking a certain talk when they do ...winks... works everytime to put them back into focus. If they don't then I know the kind I am dealing with and take care of what is necessary to say to them in a nice manner.

In the words of ... heck I forgot...who writes that... maybe U lol.

piecesa
    kinks a winks
    candie
    xx
  11. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Lord knows I'd like to marry a woman like that.
  12. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Casper

Casper, I am surprised too. But having met a few women and spent a few hours with them. After the barriers are broken. I have found that there are some that really like sex. Really like what they do. True, they are few and far between but I am shocked and pleasantly surprised to find a few of them.
  13. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Once you know someone on a personal level, how can you not develop some sort of emotional tie to them? Otherwise, the relationship (whatever the nature of it) isn't genuine.
  14. Casper

Casper

Re: Happy Guy

If I recall correctly, being able to have sex while remaining emotionally unattached was something us men did best. When did the women jump ahead of us?

The part that would get me into emotinal trouble is if a provider told me too much about herself. Even if she had/has problems, I'd tend to become attached therefore as I said earlier, I tend to keep a distance and only care to keep it on a strict client/provider relationship. The key to it all is to know your own limits, stick to it and all should be fine.

Peace Out
    C
  15. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Though, one more thing, with regards to Tucker's post: I may be wrong, but a lot providers (including ones who enjoy their job a lot) do it for a living. When I hire one, it's different: it's purely physical for me also. That's different from a personal relationship.

And please, no wisecracks about how girlfriends and wives cost a lot of money also. =+)
  16. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Yeah, I really ought to be able to. I know that. I'm a grown man and have had a few long-term relationships, the whole bit. Still, it's impossible for me. The ex-girlfriends that I'm still friends with are also occasionally one-night stands too.

In fact, I'm no longer in touch with anyone that I've had sex with where sex is now out of the equation.

What can I tell you? I never claimed to be perfect. =+)
  17. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Happy Guy

Takethe lead from the girls. Most of them really really like sex. They separate the emotional from the act. So can you.
  18. georgelong

georgelong

Provider point of view?

Do any of the ladies here have an opinion?

Can you ever become friends with one of your clients after you retire?
  19. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Hopefully for a while, Tucker. I know that I'm not particularly good at it. For me, once sex is thrown into the equation I find it impossible to have a platonic relationship. Maybe I'm simply immature.
  20. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Separation

I have been able so far to separate the two. Can have a friendly meet with a provider. Then two days later a session.
    I wonder how long that will last.