Utopia posters email

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by San_Te, Feb 8, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Is there a way I can tell how many posts I've made?

Sure. Go to search, plug your hanlde into the "posted by", and count !!!!!!

Or you could ask ( if you did, the answer would be 86 ).
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

it's in the TFH/APM's profile, it might be a cool idea to turn it on for everyone....at least so maybe you could find out what ever info they want to divulge to the public....what city they're in.....
  3. Rufus Moses

Rufus Moses

Sounds good to me ...

Is there a way I can tell how many posts I've made?
    I am still a bronze, and wonder about that...
  4. Allen

Allen Webmaster?

Please post any suggestions about the email feature in this thread. I will be reviewing the system over the next few days.

fwiw, personaly I agree completely with frog's thinking.

frog, logs are deleted every 2 days after I review them.
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

we read it to strippers at our weekly UG meetings.......

only kidding guys......ha ha :D
  6. frog

frog

I view it this way, if someone is initiating the email contact, that person should be the one to risk having his email exposed. ie, I click on san_te's email button and ask him something. My email should be exposed to him lest I am a nut and keep on harassing san_te.

Plus, no one should be using their "real" email address anyhow.

As to what UG does with the email forwarding log... that is up to Allen & TFH/APM.
  7. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

GC, that would certainly be a hassle for UG. But were that to happen, the subpoena would need to be specific to the harrasser, wouldn't it? I would think that privacy laws would prevent LE from looking at ALL of UG's subscribers. But maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone KNOW?
  8. guy catelli

guy catelli

if an harrasser uses UG mail to send anonymously, etc, it will be UG that gets subpoenaed.
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

i'm fine with it like this (without your return address) but i think i still got it kicked back from UG?

if i was able to send it to that person than it would have gone thru fine. but it was thru UG it got bounced back.
  10. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

We had a request that we change the way the email works. Originally, when you sent an email thru UG, it listed your email addy as the "sender", and simply hitting "reply" would send an email from your "home" account dirtectly to theirs, without going bach through UG.

However, that meant if you sent an email through UG, the person recieving it would get your "home" email addy. Some members fealt that this was a breach of tehir annonymity, in that the person who they sent to would then be able to connect their email addy, and possibly themselves, to their UG handle. I posted a query to ask how folks wanted this to get handled the other day, but only got a couple of responses.

I'm fine with going back to the way it was originally, which I prefered and that's why we had it that way from the start, but I would like to see some sort of consensus first. So, guys, what's it going to be ?????
  11. San_Te

San_Te

I received an email from a poster requesting additional information on a provider. However, when I reply to this Utopia address it gets bounced back with errors. Is there a problem with the Utopia Guide email?