Waterbury Police bust 10 AMP's

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Spa' started by Doverman, Apr 28, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bandaid

Bandaid

The 'credit card records' thing is mentioned every time there's one of these busts. It shouldn't be hard to figure out what's straight reporting and what's put in for deterrent effect. The credit card thing goes along with the 'videotapes were found and are being reviewed.'

Obviously I completely agree using a credit card at an AMP is insane.
  2. Aegis911

Aegis911

Genius -
    I would reply but I feel any logic would be lost on you.
    ANYONE who uses a credit card at one of these places is an IDIOT.

Enough said.
  3. genius

genius

No one ever said they could bust you, but they may want t contact you to see if you saw any suspicious behavor while you were getting your massage at this palce.
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  4. Traderdave

Traderdave

So when is their day in court?
  5. Traderdave

Traderdave

LE is just busting balls.
  6. nabbeun

nabbeun

le is just blowing smoke up our collective asses. they feed that line to the press, but no one ever got even a wrist slap for using a credit card in these places. maybe they can threaten to ask your wife about it where just the innuendo can get you in hot water, but beyond that? nah.

c'mon, even monger caught in the act are let go, and they're gonna try busting someone over the circumstantial evidence of a ccard receipt>
  7. genius

genius

Sometimes, a business will entertain customers by tickets to a show or ball game, dinner or maybe a relaxing massage after a hard day of business - especially out of state customers (where the local LE does not have authority). For business purposes the business owner obviously never avails himself to such perks and only gives them for valid business reason as perks to customers even though the owner signs the receipt. What the customer negotiates with the girl is really unknown to the business owner giving the perk and he would probably just say that when questioned by LE. I mean its hard enough being a business owner - do you also have to be a psychic or have Superman's Xray vision to positively determine what your customer does when they close the massage room door?

So I don't see all that much risk to a business owner. However, an individual who uses a credit card in these places is an idiot. Go to the ATM, get some cash, and pay for the services w/o leaving a trail.
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  8. Aegis911

Aegis911

The use of credit cards has been discussed countless times on this board and on others. Those who continue to use them despite the overwhelming advice against their use and evidence of what LE can do with the receipts - are idiots.

I truly don't know why they are used unless it is to run it through a business - and then I suspect their use poses an even greater threat to the user once LE gets hold of them.

Idiots - pure and simple.
  9. mr. f

mr. f

Police Superintendent Neil O'Leary said police seized $93,000 from the massage parlors. He said they also seized credit card machines to identify other customers.

This was a pretty disturbing quote. Other than embarass the card holder there isnt much more LE can do is there? There would be no proof that anything but a massage took place.
  10. Traderdave

Traderdave

11. Traderdave

Traderdave

12. Doverman

Doverman