What if

Discussion in 'New York' started by candie, Jun 6, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Also

In WW2 the Japs used to call all Americans- JOE and in Vietnam we used to call the VC- Victor Charlie or just Charlie, NVA troops were called Nathaniel Victor. Some nice, but not funny names to consider!

Slink wasn't Jacks last name Meoff- LOL!!

[Edited by Carl M on 06-07-2001 at 04:07 PM]
  2. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

In 48 Hours Edie Murphy's character calls Nick Nolte's character "Jack". Nolte objects to this in the extreme, which Murphy doesn't understand ( he calls guys "Jack" all the time and they don't object ). When he asks Nolte why, he replies "Because that's my real name".
  3. thelastone

thelastone

uhh, what happens if your first name really is peter...or john or mike...

Should I make up a name, maybe tom, or dick, or harry.

yea thats it...I'll be Harry Johnson...or the infamous Dick Hertz...

What do you want, most of us do our thinking with our other head, and they unfortunately often aren't that creative, whatever will get us in those drawers.

;)

last
  4. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Well, those of you who have exchanged e-mails with me know that MY e-mail address is comprised of as uncomplimentary a nickmake as a person could ever want.

And that's self-given nickname, I might add.
  5. candie

candie

lol

You have a point there SB :)
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Where do you think the term "John" comes from ??????

We always used to give nicknames to the ( regular )customers. The only problem was every once in a while, one of the girls would slip and use it in front of him. And they never were very complimentary in the guy's eyes.

[Edited by slinkybender on 06-06-2001 at 08:59 PM]
  7. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

A candiegurl by any other name...

would still be just as sweet!
  8. mercydancer

mercydancer

Why don't all the providers change their names to Jane Doe?See how the guys deal with that.LOL
  9. candie

candie

You are funny mercy!! When someone says this is John, or Joe, etc. I will also say, whats your email again? Or some other way to verify.

But with a lot of John Smiths or other common names I get concerned that someone will try and use that as a reference, someones friend asking for a booking.

How would one handle that delicately? How come noOne uses the name Johnson first? :)

I don't really care what name they use in the beginning but I see so many John Smiths!
  10. mercydancer

mercydancer

Now let's not forget all the Mikes either. John and Mike are the most common names used . In order to keep the names and faces str8 I have a list that reads,
    "John-that likes dildo's,John-from Alabama,John-that doesn't like makeup, etc.

Come on guys, you can be a little more imaginative than John,Mike and Peter(3rd runner up).Or is there some phycological reasons for these 3 names?I wonder....
  11. candie

candie

you always receieved email from John Smith? Now I understand the need for a different name but I count some days that name and its actually funny.

What if I changed my name to slinkybender or Ezrlove? What if I bribed a few providers to change to the same names?

Whats wrong with Dick Clark, or Terry Thick? winks

8 John Smiths in emails cracks me up