What makes a well written review? (as opposed to a good review)

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by JRZug, Oct 29, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. carlk

carlk

the salad days

god how i miss them

this is great classic shit

this dsnt happen anymore

(how come?)
  2. redleg609

redleg609

When I review, I expect one or two what about this or that comments and maybe a "nice review".

But really, a review should stand on it's own. OK, folks may have questions but a really good review should answer them all.
  3. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

A member complained today that his review didn't get enough comments.
  4. Hotpuppy

Hotpuppy Mr.Butterworth

JC,
    Its not toughness that makes me eschew comfort in sexual relationships. Its simply that comfort does not work for me and in fact causes the most dysfunctional elements of my personality to take the fore front. Briefly, what I learned first and foremost from my ten years of therapy as a young adult( old adolescent) was that for me to seek comfort, in all facets of my life, is tantamount to disaster and unhappiness.
    take care
    HP
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2001
  5. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

HN:

My apologies for being angry and sarcastic in response to your criticisms of my comments. Although it is no excuse, lack of sleep during the past several days made me short-tempered. I will agree to disagree with you in the future.

Skagen:

Learned that lesson the hard way.
  6. skagen

skagen

This thread is becoming a velvet-wrapped slugfest. Interesting....

Onthe subject of what makes a good review, one of JC's comments really resonated with me:

"7. Have nothing against the Romantics on hobby boards. The experience of affection for a woman you see more than a handful of times IS the only reliable aphrodiasic that has ever been invented. Thing that is not understood by Romantics on hobby boards is that such urges have no proper place in commercial sex and quickly over-burden it. "

Amen, brother......
  7. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

JM:

I am truly amazed as well. I am merely a creative writer at work. I only come to play with the other boys and girls.

HN:

My therapist has assured me that I suffer from no personality disorders because I never enjoyed being cruel to others or animals but only become enraged and sarcastic when my tolerance is imposed upon and I feel myself forced to be understanding of twits and other unreasonable people.

My therapist does advise me though that I have difficulty in feeling emotions. I will work on that. Pretty interesting woman. Turned me on to Strindberg's Dance of Death.

Tried homosexuality once or twice. Was not my cup of tea. On the other hand, Choo-Choo will now follow you everywhere on account of your overwhelming sensitivity and romantic tendencies. Choo-Choo is nothing if not romantic.

As far as my being enlightened and introspective, my posts speak for themselves. I need make no claims to these things.

So, can I videotape your monologue on the difference between storebought and homemade sex that you will perform in Macy's window this holiday season? I would like to send a copy to your parents and siblings to review after holiday dinner while you clear the table and do the dishes.

Best regards,

Judge Crater
  8. hombre

hombre

"well written review"

Man, this thread has wandered.

...but the direction it took made me decide to go more internal with the last thing I wrote, try a different approach.
  9. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

I am truly amazed that anyone could be upset by JC's posts.
  10. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

fools rush in...

I think you confuse psychopathology with idiosyncratic behavior. The latter is normal (more or less) and harmless. The former is neither.

If my last suggestion was not to your liking, perhaps you might summarize your thoughts on the matters of human sexuality, commercial sex, male dominance as relates to the libido and whatever else you fancy that relates to our conversation here, then send that off to any legitimate therapist and spend $$ on an evaluation. For someone as enlightened and introspective as you claim to be, what harm would there be in getting an honest, informed opinion from a qualified third party?

Further, the statements you made in this thread regarding your history of dangerously antisocial behavior do in fact fit the personality traits you have previously displayed. It isn't machismo that you describe: it's sociopathy.

As for your transvestite friend, you can keep her/him. It's always the he-man types that swing that way anyway, so that fits you much better than me.

Oh, and about you saving me from those less tolerant souls on this board: you're a little late for that, not that I don't appreciate that gleaming armor of yours.
  11. Troutman

Troutman Paste

Unfortunately, that is impossible. The sanest man is, by definition, just like the majority of men. I am afraid that, from what I have read, you differ greatly from the vast majority of "norms," and you should be much prouder of THAT than an ill-concieved sanity. What we all on this board do is NOT considered sane by "they." (Whoever "They" are) I, for one, would be ashamed if I were to try to hide behind that false, community inspired badge.
  12. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

jras:

A nerve was touched. I pride myself on being the sanest man in the county. Have to admit though that I am becoming quite fond of Choo-Choo in a non-sexual sort of way. Could become an interesting character with his own flaws, tics, amusing ancedotes and history.

If I were still on JAG, I would have made him a regular recurring character. One thing I did like about that site. They allowed you to play around using assumed names as long as it was all in fun and not malacious.

Hmm. Wonder how long it would take Choo-Choo to reach silver?

I shall retire for a spell. I dislike disagreements.

HP:

You are tougher than me. I require comfort in real non-commercial sex.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2001
  13. jras

jras

Choo-choo

HN musta touched a nerve -- JC sinking to pathetic trannie cornhole jokes twice. I'm shocked I tell you, you macho man!
  14. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

HN:

Didn't say that providers were frightened pitiable creatures. Their showmanship (well show-womanship) ensures that they are not frightened and pitiable. Nor do I look down on providers for their skill at dissembling. I expect to be lied to, just not in a way that is obvious. (In fact, the downcast doe eyed approach is most satisfactory and pleasing to me. Winning through surrendering. Women who have that skill are geniuses in my book.)

To the contrary, I appreciate the fact that they have balls and have often felt kinship with them on account of their criminality and wilfullness, having criminal tendencies and being quite willful myself.

Nor do I believe that providers are not capable of doing anything other than dissemble in their personal lives. They well know the difference between commercial sex and personal sex (perhaps better than most johns here), and have experience of life that is completely non-sexual in nature - just like anybody else walking down the street. Some may be real treasures to know in real life and would be worth knowing. There are certainly intelligent women who post here outside of paen and love letter threads.

I do agree with you that my psychopathologies are amusing to me. I am very open about how my mind works and why I do what I do. Purpose though is not to scare, but to encourage others to be comfortable with the weirdness in themselves by being comfortable with the weirdness in myself. Because we are all of us here a bit strange, or haven't you noticed? (If you haven't noticed, would suggest you stand in Macy's window this holiday season and deliver your own personal monologue on the differences between storebought and real sex.)

If you absolutely insist on continuing to be a ninny, I will oblige you with an obligatory BOOOO and send Choo-Choo the 9" fully functional Peruvian trannie to your house to sleep with you tonight gratis. Be a dear though and turn out the lights. Choo-Choo is fond of the dark.

Best regards,

Judge Crater

P.S. Really don't mean to be so rough with you, but better me than some others who would be less inclined to be tolerant.
  15. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

The real danger...

...is that your psychopathologies are amusing to you.

Your assertion that my belief that providers are something more than frightened, dissembling creatures is equivilent to believing in the tooth fairy is at face value deeply disturbing.

I would strongly urge you to print this thread and keep it for future sessions with a psychologist. It would be a good starting point and might save you a lot of time and money.

You really are waxing Faulknerian.
  16. Hotpuppy

Hotpuppy Mr.Butterworth

Comfort...

... for me, takes all the excitement out of any sex, be it commercial or conventional
    take care
    HP
  17. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

HN:

1. I think all human behavior, even depraved and so-called "evil" behavior, is motivated by the urge to achieve union with the "other." Hence, I have outgrown morals and ethics and am on to more serious issues, such as the psychological mechanics of commercial sex, how desire works, etc. The study of such issues is necessarily unkind.

Although I do believe that doing coventionally "good" acts are necessary to remain a human being, any references to the "state of my soul" are purely ironic. I am an ex-altar boy, run-a-way child, drug addict, car thief, felon, etc., and am now a staid, conservative successful member of society with a family. Given those experiences, I am often being ironic.

2. For 150,000 years women have been dealing with larger, semi-deranged, lustful, frightened creatures who can beat them up at will. These creatures are called men. Various methods of dissembling are employed to accomplish this purpose. You only get to "know" a woman when she feels perfectly comfortable in dealing with you without recourse to such methods and you have things in common and things you can do for each other. This rarely happens outside of commercial sex, and is definitely not happening within the confines of a commercial sex encounter. And why should it? No reason for it, and it would be completely out of place.

Good dramatic art is essentially about people who are "close" being shrouded in mystery. Check out Strindberg's Dance of Death now playing on Broadway. Excellent cast. Playing until early Jauary, I think.

3. I am just more open about my conflicts. My recognition of my own absurdity and preposterousness allows me to see other people more clearly. It is the source of all my humor, and compassion.

4. I don't claim that you don't understand me. Only that you don't understand yourself and that you are perhaps a danger to yourself because you still seem to believe in the tooth fairy.

(I highly recommend that you become acquainted with yourself and stop relying on others. If you don't, you could end up with Choo-Choo the 9" inch fully functional Peruvian trannie that other reviewers are absolutely swearing is a must see. Since Choo Choo is a top, you could run into, let us say, some unexpected difficulties and become a bottom by accident.)

5. In my opinion, what makes or breaks a session is the extent of your own appetitite and the unobtrusiveness of the woman. But then again, I have always been fairly macho and physically intense about sex, especially commercial sex encounters. That is my nature.

6. I can appreciate that other men may prefer other types of experiences which are less macho. Perhaps that is why we will agree to disagree.

7. Have nothing against the Romantics on hobby boards. The experience of affection for a woman you see more than a handful of times IS the only reliable aphrodiasic that has ever been invented. Thing that is not understood by Romantics on hobby boards is that such urges have no proper place in commercial sex and quickly over-burden it.

Best regards,

Judge Crater
  18. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

[sigh] pointless, but I will try anyway

So, you don't concern yourself with morality or ethics, yet you reference the "state of [your] soul". Fascinating dichotomy.

I wouldn't find your pronouncements have as cloying if you would simply state them as they apply to you, rather than haul out that massively broad brush you insist on using.

As for my not knowing providers, I would hasten to point out that your premise about "knowing" any other human being would have to apply across the board. Spouse, children, coworkers or even close friends would all be enshrouded in a veil of mystery, were your presumptions true. Thank God the world works on a more honest level! Sure, I meet my share of people, providers and otherwise, that pretend to be something they are not. Those folks don't interest my half as much as the ones who let me know them, warts and all.

JC, I honestly think your personal conflicts warp your observations on the rest of us to the point that you miss the critical elements of what folks like me share on this board: the truly human qualities of these ladies are what really makes or breaks the experience, NOT their acting ability, or my skill in self-delusion.

You will of course claim that I don't understand you. You will probably also claim that you perceive in me a perhaps charming naiveté that your wisdom, intelligence and experience have worn away from you. If you knew me it would be otherwise.

And yes, I know there were more posts later, but this one seemed best for response.
  19. Troutman

Troutman Paste

If you need additional reminders, I'd be happy to jog your memory as to your lack of saintliness.
  20. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

Changing diapers of old people definitely count. I often bathe and shave my father-in-law on weekends even though he has a well paid nurse to do those things for him.

87 years old. Award winning poet in Hungary before WWII. Only feels comfortable having me bathe and shave him, so I do. He recites Villon from memory and we talk about books that we've both read during my visits with him.

Would say that more than 2/3 of my visits to vendors take place on Mondays, the day after I see him. Feel compelled to prove to myself afterwards that I am not a saint. The sharp intensity of physical acts with a strange woman does that for me.