What would you rather have?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by RuffToy, Jul 27, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justlooking

justlooking

BINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
  2. JXM

JXM Bronze

Aww...thanks. :)
  3. SubmissiveAngel

SubmissiveAngel

fondness.

i love that word.
    especially coming from slinky.

i've met a lot of guys in this business - most of them are endearing guys. a few of them are assholes who pretend to be endearing guys. only one of them is an endearing guy who pretends to be an asshole...mr. marshmallow himself, slinkybender.

for any doubters out there, take the man out for a sundae at mary's dairy. it is impossible to not feel fondly towards a guy who talks tough with a gooey dribble of extra marshmallow sauce on his chin.
  4. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

I have a theory that clients should let attorneys charge them for seeing hookers (not time, just an allowable expense). It would be cheaper than the current setup, where you get billed for $2000 worth of research time so the guy can see a $400 hooker.
  5. donquixote04

donquixote04

Well, I'm probably just not that good of a researcher.
  6. Slinky Bender

I think you're off (on the low side) if you add the "do diligent research" part, depending on how much "more" is..
  7. donquixote04

donquixote04

In my experience, be WILLING to pay more, combined with diligent research, does indeed improve the odds of having very good sessions instead of disappointing sessions. In fact, it about doubles the odds, based on my experiences in the 1980s and early and mid 1990s, compared to my experiences in the late 1990s to now.
  8. Slinky Bender

So, where is that point? And does it change depending on the $ ?

PS And "fondness", for me, is never about the services provided, at least not in the classic sense of the term.
  9. Bandaid

Bandaid

I agree completely about fondness. It's sometimes the services provided, but not always.

Perhaps I'm different here. I'm not insensitive to looks, but to me there's a point where my deisre for "looks" is satisfied and better and better looks aren't important anymore.
  10. Slinky Bender

As I said to Thorn, I agree that you have not only a valid point, but the absolute right to feel that way. But again, that doesn't mean that something is not attainable, it only speaks to what you want to do about it.

Although it's interesting that I as talking about fondness in totally the opposite direction.
  11. Stitch

Stitch

I have another problem with big bucks for good service. I become appalled -- at myself -- for putting that much money into an hour of commercial sex. It has nothing to do with whether or not I can afford it. I'm just disgusted at myself for not giving the money away to a better cause or doing something more useful with it. I feel way more guilty about that than about the sex, about which I have few qualms.

Still, I hate poor service. Which is another reason why I don't use died-in-the-wool prostitutes. You can get great service, for very little money, if you work around the edges of the business. And Slinky and JL are right about fondness. I would go even further. If an amateur, semi-pro or stripper is fond of you, money becomes much less important.
  12. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

I have never been disappointed with the looks or service of anyone I've paid on average $1000/hour on up. Quite the contrary.

I have had many bad sessions both looks and service at $300 and lower.
  13. justlooking

justlooking

OK. I wouldn't know. I thought that with the apparent demise of the $1200 agencies, maybe there'd been some kind of reduction. Sorry.
  14. Slinky Bender

Not that I know of.
  15. justlooking

justlooking

Although actually in this particular market it probably is less now. Isn't it?
  16. justlooking

justlooking

Funny how prices have continued to rise while many people's income declined.
  17. Slinky Bender

For some of us that means that it would have to be a lot less now.
  18. Slinky Bender

Swell..... now "fondness" is going to become a euphemism for bareback Greek..........

"That girl has charisma. You know charisma is? Charisma is that certain indescribable something..... that you can't quite put your finger on... that a girl with huge tits has".
  19. justlooking

justlooking

Just in the interest of accuracy, that $600-$800 I referred to before was the point at which I thought I started to see a change. Not what you'd have to spend to reliably get the kind of looks combined with the kind of service we're talking about, but the price point at which you start to see that combination. And of course, those are 1998-2000 dollars.
  20. Slinky Bender

And, in fact, we all know that with most things in this country, if you're willing to pay enough, you can get just about anything you want, even if that means.... heaven forbid ....good looks and good service.