Where is the five dollar hoes?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Waist Product, Jan 23, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Wwanderer

Wwanderer Kids, don't try this at home

1 - To be sure, we were busting your chops a bit about the sort of post that, I think, is generally understood to be meant no more than semi-seriously, a sort of tongue-in-cheek wisecrack. One sees it all the time, as jl mentioned, and thinks nothing of it.

2 - BIG DITTO!

-Ww
  2. jack sprat

jack sprat

jl & ww - i have been duly chastised for such a trite analogy. marriage & other long term relationships are something wholy different from commercial sex. fortuitously, each has its own attractions.
  3. Wwanderer

Wwanderer Kids, don't try this at home

Apples and oranges...

Despite my dreamboy rep and although I occasionally make cracks about how expensive wives are compared to providers (especially around the time of the month that I pay the credit card bills), I entirely agree with jl's point here. Conventional romantic relationships with women, especially long term ones, are not primarily about either sex or money, whereas that is exactly what relationships between clients and providers are primarily about. Comparing the two in any serious way is definitely an "apples and oranges" exercise in my opinion.

(As an aside, my controversial dreamboy stance is only that sometimes this basic and fairly clear distinction can erode a bit and produce cases in some gray area. For some reason it is not considered nearly so radical to note that some marriages, or other initially romantic relatinships, can gradually drift towards a sex for money arrangement as it is to claim that an initially commercial sexual connection can drift towards real friendship or romance. But, in my opinion, these exceptional cases do not affect the basic validity of the distinction jl points out.)

-Ww
  4. justlooking

justlooking

You see comments like this on whoreboards all the time. Usually, I just let them pass. But for some reason, today I feel like I have to comment.

That statement could only be true if all you got from wives or girlfriends was sex. But since you get much, much more, you can't calculate a "cost per pop" for them. If that's really your view of noncommerical relationships with women, you probably should just limit yourself to prostitutes, as empty as that would be.

(Not directed at jack sprat in particular, but at all the guys who post those frequent remarks.)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2003
  5. jack sprat

jack sprat

it's not a discretionary expenditure if you're addicted.......as i am.

it is unlikely that the cost per pop or whatever measure you would like to use is higher with hookers than with girlfriends and it is certainly far less with hookers than with the wife.
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Similar to competing in the software business.......
  7. hot4chicks

hot4chicks

jl- I simply look at how much I need to earn, then the rest becomes marginal.

Personally, I'd be happy for anyone who can maximize their earnings and never have to work again. Sadly, only Lotto seems to present that opportunity lately.

Besides, hookers are the recipients of truly discretionary income. They have competition who give their service away for free (g/fs) and those who give it away due to legal constraints.(marriage).

Either way, its a tough business.
  8. Marianne

Marianne

ohmygod

THAT is way too easy.
  9. justlooking

justlooking

I agree. You always see these cries on the boards, "Why don't prostitutes lower their rates? Don't they know the economy is bad?"

No one lowers their rates because the economy is bad. They lower their rates because revenue is down. Is business that bad for prostitutes? How the fuck would I know?*

(Of course, this particular service is so uniquely "personal" that I'm sure a lot of prostitutes have trouble looking at their rates with the same abstract detachment that h4c appears to look at his own business's pricing.)
    * OTOH, anyone with eyes can see that things absolutely suck in strip clubs. (I mean "absolutely suck" in the bad way, of course -- although by some inevitable application of economic laws, that's leading to a lot of absolute sucking in the good way, too.)
  10. jack sprat

jack sprat

prices will only come down when the ladies can't get the number of johns that they want to see at the price they want to receive.

maybe this is happening, maybe not. i don't think that they're going to tell us that their business is lousy.......even if it is.
  11. hot4chicks

hot4chicks

jack - 1. all of which are inexpensive.

2. Many times when "rain makers" feeling under-compensated they strike out on their own. Hence, you get great MDs and JDs in weird little towns charging and getting half of what they made in NY.

Deflation is real, hookers need to know it.
  12. jack sprat

jack sprat

.......and drivers, clothes, toys, lotions, potions, computers, phones, medical check-ups, mouthwash, cosmetics, etc etc
  13. Waist Product

Waist Product

doctors and lawyers need insurance, offices and equipment

nice ladies whos profession is to have sex need a location and condoms

I dont think convincing the other type of whores will be so easey!
  14. jack sprat

jack sprat

wp - perhaps we can extend your logic and get lawyers and doctors who charge several hundred dollars per hour to quit their firms and groups and work independently for half that rate. if you could do that for us, we would save so much monry that we could afford the more expensive whores.........i mean the commercial providers of sexual services, not the docs and lawyers who are a different kind of whore.
  15. pswope

pswope One out of three

Thus we can reconcile by concluding that we see working girls from diiferening socioeconomic backgrounds.
  16. hot4chicks

hot4chicks

Marianne - Curious comment. So, you make, on average, $1,000 a night and work say 200 nights a year? So, at $200,000 a year tax free, great money - good career choice.

Now, if you price from what others price, and if say for example, Julies dropped their price to $100 an hour, would you drop your prices to compete?

In other words, is their a marginal pricing curve you are on?
  17. Waist Product

Waist Product

Marianne

No need to get irritated. I apericiate the perspective of a /// nice ladie like yourself as to why 100-150 range wouldnt work for you.

My questions was really directed to the issue of an agency girl who already is used to the volume practice and makes about 100 per already, so why not make a b i t more and go indie at a lower rate.

But please dont get mad. UG Im sure is full of lovable huggable guys.
  18. That's a fucking brilliant link!!
  19. Marianne

Marianne

Re: Price vs client quality and other factors

VERY well said. Look, I see a lot of business people and over and over I hear complaints about customers...it is like constant and the care and feeding of customers, finding the right ones and holding on to them seems to be a basic business issue. One guy called it customer relationship managment and I looked it up and it is very interesting.

We are in business. We don't show up for the fun of it and then as an afterthought think about the rent money and ask...just like you don't grab a customer going out the door with a new flat screen TV and suggest that it would be nice if they paid for it.

Could I see more clients if I charged 150 instead of 400? sure. but how many more. the math says I would need to see 2 and a half or so more to make the one 400 guy. so i see 2-3 guys in an evening...or are you suggesting i see 5-8 instead.

I'm also pretty damn good at my work and am getting slightly irritated so i'll shut up.
  20. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Sanitation workers.