where to get tested?

Discussion in 'New York' started by smiley69, Apr 22, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. GMackin

GMackin

You'd probably have the same luck as if you declared masturbation as a deduction.
  2. genius

genius

Levaquin is a rather hard to take drug over an extended period - very hard on your stomach and other side effects. My uro gave me doxycycline that I could take for a month and also gave me a couple of renewals that i did not need. He said the prostate is hard to reach as far as antibiotics go and you need a long term treatment - not just the usual 7-10 days typical of antibiotics.

He also said the more sex the better (amen to that).

This was 3 years ago - havent had a problem since.

ps. since the MD prescribed frequent sex as a treatment - do I get to deduct my AMP vists on my taxes.?
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  3. Traderdave

Traderdave

Well, I changed doctors did urodynamics and other tests. I have an enlarged prostate and am taking Uroxotral and avodart. I have not been the same monger for almost 3 years now. So everyone if you are over 40 go see a urologist and get checked.
  4. Traderdave

Traderdave

Prostatitis-I went to another urologist and he says its stress and recommends warm baths and aerobic exercise. I wondered if anyone else here has experienced chronic prostatitis and what they did for a cure. I've lost that zing.
  5. marcinny

marcinny

I read somewhere that our Betty does.

You should also check the Alternative section. There should be threads on this.

I am glad you are coming back... somehow.
  6. Traderdave

Traderdave

Well the doctor recommended prostate massage. So I'm off to the races.
    SO who gives the best prostate massage by a female? How about a survey?
  7. Troutman

Troutman Paste

I'm not cutting back to every four days, I don't care if it kills me.
  8. Traderdave

Traderdave

Prostatitis

Now I just finished some levaquin. I may have to try the MOBIC. Thanks for the advice . I guess the prescription of sex every 4 days will lead me back to C-town. I am also close to K-town and will finally have the chance to really check it out.
  9. J. Lefty

J. Lefty

Traderdave,
    I suffered from an inflammed prostate a couple of years back. Even though I've mongered for a few years, my symptoms were not STD related. My urologist put me on an anti-inflammatory med called Mobic (15mg) I took that for 3 months. It definitely helped. He also recommended taking 1000mg Vitamin C daily and have sex every 4 days.
  10. Traderdave

Traderdave

Well the cipro did not help. Haven't been out mongering in months.
  11. porklord

porklord

i dunno if this'll help, dave, but cranberry juice works wonders for the ole prostate. I doubt it'll work as a cure, but it may help soften some of the symptoms.
  12. Traderdave

Traderdave

Now I am on Cipro. it works for anthrax
  13. tommynj

tommynj

I may have mentioned this before - the Central Park place that advertises on the back of the VV & others - it is a bit expensive but you get same day results by phone. You can pay cash, create a new name & address, and no one will ever know. Also, I think they will dispense meds if you need it too - I am sure it is a little more expensive, but it is like one stop shopping.
  14. marcinny

marcinny

I think it is not allowed for newbies to start threads. You have to post more and be here a little longer.

Have some patience.

Also there is a thread for newbies the Newbies Forum at the General Discussions section. You can use that one to post questions also read the Rules.
  15. Healixx

Healixx

Most places are confidential testing, which means it is suppose to "only" go to New York State, but we all know that is bullshit. You usually will have to put down a name and address. If they check your name against your id is up to the place.

The only place that I know that tests anonymously in NYC is the NYC clinics, and that is only for HIV. For regular STD, they ask you to fill out a card and it asks for name, DOB, address, phone number, emergency contact, and why you came for a visit. Name and address is checked, but I leave everything else blank except for why I am there.

Planned Parenthood only does confidential testing, and they also charge $150 something for the testing and you have to make an appointment. Each center only tests men 1 day a week.
  16. wulanbatuo

wulanbatuo

sorry to use this thread to ask my question... i am really sorry but i can't post new thread! can anyone help me ? whenever i try to post a new thread it shows 'can't access' to me and informs me that i am not available to post a new thread ! I really have no clue at all at this moment !
    sorry to add this in your topic again.;>
  17. niceguyli2004

niceguyli2004

how much info must i disclose at these places

OK, so if i go the route of planned parenthood or some place that has screenings for STI's, STD's and don't use my insurance, that seems pretty private. Do I have to give up information about my address, phone and wife's name, etc. Or can I be John Doe and not give any info. Can I just pay and get info or must I open my privacy up to them in some way that can get to my wife?
  18. franca

franca <color=pink>Silver</color>

19. LaylaSouth

LaylaSouth

Good Question

I am new to NY area too and do not know where to go for these things ..

I was given several hundreds of NYC covers (lol)

I was told they may be worth something someday ... Anyone believe that ?

Layla South
  20. Traderdave

Traderdave

I finished my dose of doxycycline 4 weeks ago. Still not the same man I used to be.