Who knows about your hobby?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by frog, Feb 14, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

If it will help with your modesty the bow was also quite ironic.
  2. guy catelli

guy catelli

in one movie he turned to the audience and grinned, "every one on the money!"
  3. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

In the words of the 20th C philospher Woody Allen, the worst orgasm that I ever had was.....terrific.
  4. frog

frog

and the other 67% ain't bad either.
  5. frog

frog

I reach rapture about 33% of the time. My goodness, Wednesday night was unbelievable.
  6. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

ironic

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-26-2001 at 11:50 AM]
  7. guy catelli

guy catelli

now we are getting somewhere. as Jung, Campbell, and virtually everyone else who has ever studied the subject, have written, sexuality has been (one form of) of spirituality in all times and places, until the Judeo-Xtian-Islamic tradition sundered the natural and the supernatural.

as this tradition has waned in the west, especially among urban dwellers and the educated, generic 'spirituality' in general, and sexual spirituality in particular, have made increasing, though still relatively miniscule, gains.

various disciplines that synthesize eros and psyche include tantra, wicca, magick, paganism, and many others. a simple search of these terms on http://www.deja.com and yahoo will turn up many resources on these subjects.

these spiritual disciplines tend to be female-centered, and this fact in particular was a bone of contention (so to speak ;)) for ethical monotheism. in other words, the combination of religion and sexuality was giving women too much power. thus the fanatical drive to restrict the role of female sexuality to procreation, and the stigmatizing of women who enjoyed, and used as a tool for power, sexuality as 'whores'. (note: unlike us, these people think that calling someone a 'whore' is a pejorative.)

some scoff: how spiritual can it be if the 'priestesses' charge money? well, that's a question that skeptics have asked about religion ever since the first building fund drive. but, male clerics can't live on air in a field of lilies, and neither can 'sacred prostitutes', as the ancients called them.

is abstinence and celibacy a higher form of spirituality -- as religions (both eastern and western) have traditionally taught? i will never have a personal answer to this question.

but, the point is that spirituality is a fancy word for spiritedness. and, no matter what anyone says, there is a certain spiritedness or spirituality associated with sexuality. if someone wants to say that their sexuality is operating on a higher spiritual plane because their priestess doesn't 'pass the plate' until after the service, i don't mind. but, if someone says that for that reason it's not spiritual at all, then they still don't get it.
  8. Julienyc

Julienyc

When ever I am asked what I do for a living ,I usually just say I have a nail salon. My family thinks I am getting money from my X husband, only some of my good friends know ,because they are in the same line of work. One day on a flight to Ohio ,I was asked what I do for a living and for no apparent reason ,I said I was a Madam and then I laughed and the gentleman asked for a business card, I had a great flight and made light of the whole thing. For some reason that day it just came out. Now he is a regular at the place. I do find I must be very careful when being honest about what I do. I have lost a few so called friends by telling them about my way of life.
  9. justme

frog - Perhaps I'm misunderstanding JC, but I think what he's saying is that in order for orgasm to be a religeous experience it must be accompanied by rapture. I think what he's trying to say is that it is very difficult to get that level of corporal enlightenment while in the context of a commercial transaction, which tends to be less deep. Perhaps he's seeking seeking a more steady partner. We should all bow our heads at such a noble act of devotion.
  10. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

That's the ticket. Every pervert a Wittgenstein. Every provider an equation to be solved with pure logic down to the last hair on her anus.
  11. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

I see Decartes doing cartwheels in his grave. I fuck, therefore I am. This is a cool way to critique modernity, while it also justifies our involvement in the hobby.
  12. frog

frog

jc, if it does happen in his mind, isn't that real enough? I mean, I think I had GFE therefore I did.
  13. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

thinking perverts.

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-26-2001 at 11:49 AM]
  14. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

SB: Yes, I would be, and am, on the other side of the glass.

Generally, I see no need to reveal our participation in the hobby at confessional. Of course, that may explain my absence from church since my return from southeast asia in the early 70s, although other factors certainly played into that decision. Without opening the entire ontological argument, suffice it to say that the hobby, at least in today's society, should not be avoided because of later fears of eternal damnation. Even if that were the case, we could converse with many presidents of our nation; what could be better? I personally fear Rudy more than any deity. He can actually impede the hobby, here in Manhattan.
  15. guy catelli

guy catelli

in reviewing Peter Brooks's Troubling Confessions http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0226075850/qid=982275379/105-2194398-7098357 for The New Criterion, http://www.newcriterion.com Marc M. Arkin writes:

"Confession is all the rage these days .....

"... Peter Brooks ... takes this fascination one step further and concludes that confession--the personal revelation of otherwise hidden and frequently shameful facts about the self--is at the heart of the modern identity. Citing Foucault, he tells us that 'the practice of confession creates the metaphors of innerness that it claims to explore: without the requirement of confession--one may overstate the issue--there might be nothing inward to examine.' In a 'world of massification', confession fulfills the function of assuring each of us that he is still 'a unique individual with a unique story to tell.'

"Professor Brook traces this 'confessional model' of society and the self to the Fourth Lateran Council in 1215, which, at one and the same time, issued a profession of dogma, established an inquisition for the extirpation of heresy, and imposed the requirement of yearly auricular confession on the faithful. Since then, he argues, confession has occupied a central place in our culture .... the confessional mode permeates every corner of life, from the popular media, literature, and psychiatry, to the law, where confession retains its ecclesiastical status as the 'queen of proofs.'"
  16. justme

Like Stephen Dedalus in Ulysses (a book I am currently re-reading to see whether I have become Bloom), I shall refrain from praying to God when she requests me to do so on her deathbed.

Dunno, Kinch, it didn't work out well for him, did it?

I've often wondered whether Hispanic Catholics have it better or worse than you poor Irish bastards.
  17. pswope

pswope One out of three

Frog
    I'd need 3 penises to keep up with Mr NY.
  18. frog

frog

jc, it is not the current issue as the March one is out, but you might be able to find it. Monica Belluci covered with beluga looks pretty good too.
  19. frog

frog

ps -- I hope you are not trying to keep up with MrNY, oyvey.
  20. Geezy Muldoon

Geezy Muldoon Gold

article.

[Edited by Judge Crater on 07-26-2001 at 11:48 AM]