Why can't we criticize the police or sex trade myths on this board?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by LARRYDARRELL, Feb 15, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

BECUASE WE DON'T NEED 7 THREADS ON THE EXACT SAME TOPIC. IF PEOPLE WOULD LOOK TO SEE IF THE TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED BEFORE THROWING UP A LINK TO AN ARTICLE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED TWICE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO COMPLAIN THAT THE THIRD TIME IT GOT POSTED IT WAS REMOVED.

OTOH, if you're talking about posts which intentionally taunt LE by calling them names, then I'll say that anyone who thinks that the way to talk yourself out of a speeding ticket is by calling the officer who pulls you over a moron should let anyone who is going to be riding with them know about this tactic so that they know better than to get into a car with an idiot.

Also, perhaps you are confused: if you looked in this thread:

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25286

you may have thought your post at the end of this thread was deleted:

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25269
  2. LARRYDARRELL

LARRYDARRELL

I am not saying I have a problem with UG Staff/Slinky editing or removing any strongly worded or expressed feeling I or others have about police mis-service and wrong doing or about the myth of Sex-Trafficking in the USA.

What I am saying or asking is why are such comments always removed or edited down to nothing.

The first answer I would guess is that UG Staff/Slinky does not want to wake a sleeping dog. Why provoke the other side. Is this the reason?

Can UG Staff/Slinky answer this or any fellow Utopians want to venture a guess (unless this is removed before anyone sees it).

I do not mean to criticize the means or modes of operating this board I just respectfully want to know what the thinking is behind the removing and editing of such thoughts expressed as I have asked above.