Why I stopped posting on UG

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by danger-us, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Rhett

Rhett

If you put in a wireless network, you could shorten your list even further. Maybe by 2.
  2. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

I stop posting when I go to sleep, drive somewhere, shit or eat.
  3. Ryanscot

Ryanscot

Censored?

I am obviously being censored. I couldn’t understand why at first, but now it seems it is because of a post I made to An Affair To Remember. It was really a tongue in cheek remark, which apparently was not well received, since Val gave a very long, very defensive answer about her phones, etc, etc. I have to admit this would have been a breech of the rules, since what I wrote did not contribute in any meaningful way to the thread. I have seen numerous other similar posts before, but I think what is at play here is that I (unintentionally) offended a paying advertiser. I cannot pretend to know what daily pressures Val operates under, any more than I can expect her to understand my daily work issues. I think she overreacted, but again, we’re all human, and some days, some moments, things strike us the wrong way. I do apologize if this is what indeed caused this issue. If I remain censored, or banned, so be it. I know I have been a positive contributer to this forum, and would like to continue. I enjoy the diversion during the day, but really, it’s not that big a deal if my dialogue in this community ends. I have been in this hobby for quite a while, know where to get what I need, so in the end, other members may lose the benefit of some of the things I contribute, be it some good clues, or just answering another’s question about the hobby, something I enjoy doing. I respect your right to do what you choose with this board and it’s members, and I will not engage you nor anyone else in any kind of verbal warfare. Slinky, I usually like to take the “high road”, which I am trying to do now, and I hope in kind you will allow me to contribute again as I have in the past. If not, life goes on.
  4. pjorourke

pjorourke Thinks he's Caesar's Wife

A mind like a steel trap.
  5. BigMadM

BigMadM Linoleum

the thread title bothers me a bit here, shouldnt it be why I havent posted in a while. If one stops posting, how can you post a thread?
  6. Toree

Toree

Well then damn I musta fucked up twice, cause I sure as hell remember posting something that was deleted then reposting it....guess I broke two rules..hence the banning...either way, it's still the same whether I realize I broke the rule or not, or even know which one I broke, or think I didnt break one at all it's the moderators show. You live and you learn...

JP- I obviously didnt even know why I was banned, so I still think passing thru and lurking every now and again is still my safest course of action...I just couldntl help myself this time around.
  7. jp1064

jp1064

;) Don't lurk my dear. It's not like you. I know you have a lot to talk about.
  8. Truth

Truth Arbeit Macht Frei

9. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

That's not exactly correct.
  10. Toree

Toree

I'm one like slinky mentioned, who either has a hard head (not that one) or is just plain stupid. I made a post. He deleted it, my dumb ass reposted what was deleted...and was BANNED.

To me it doesn't matter with whether I really did break a rule or not. It's not my board, all of us providers and hobbyists are merely guests on Slinky and Allen's board..If you dont agree with how they run it there are other places to go.

Because this is a open form,cool, go ahead and state your opinion but again what's the thrill in taking cheap shots at the moderator? Especially in post after post its obvious that what you have to say isnt changing their opinion? No one can force another person to agree with them...one of the great things about these boards is that everyone doesn't agree.

Just my two cents. I've reverted to lurking, I figured with my hard head it was the safest course of action.
  11. Slinky Bender

12. xxx_xoxo

xxx_xoxo Iron Pyrite

who me?

stop posting here? but i'm here to help the UG community. how about you, slinky... everything ok? you are sounding quite shrill. this does not seem to be helping the community at all.

sincerely concerned, ~xxx
  13. Slinky Bender

14. xxx_xoxo

xxx_xoxo Iron Pyrite

All Powerful WHAT?

\Mod"er*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Moderated; p. pr. & vb. n. Moderating.]
    1. To restrain from excess of any kind; to reduce from a state of violence, intensity, or excess; to keep within bounds; to make temperate; to lessen; to allay; to repress; to temper; to qualify; as, to moderate rage, action, desires, etc.; to moderate heat or wind.

2. To preside over, direct, or regulate, as a public meeting; as, to moderate a synod.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
  15. Slinky Bender

And who chased you off the board?
  16. skagen

skagen

This is surely a tongue-in-cheek comment, right? Sometimes I feel like puking - the obvious ass kissing and shiling that goes on on UG.
  17. danger-us

danger-us BACKCHANNEL BOY

At least, even though you are "dead" wrong on this issue, you haven't completely lost your sense of humor.

P.S. Go to bed. LOL
  18. Slinky Bender

keep saying it.... maybe you'll convince yourself eventually... because it's not working on anybody else.

PS Remind me again what this thread is really about? Oh, yeah... that you're not posting here anymore and just came back to "help the UG community"..... uh, huh....... and because n2n chased poor justme off of the board...... !
  19. danger-us

danger-us BACKCHANNEL BOY

However, (remarkably) you (slinky) left up the posts that completely refutes what you had said. It's actually quite funny watching you try to ignore how you were debunked. You can yell "stupid" and any other childish insult you want. That's basically all you've got.

Those who might think as you do, will disagree with me. The majority who know you have made errors of judgment will silently agree with me. Silently, because you have developed quite a vindictive reputation.

There are many, many of us intelligent enough to understand the difference between the truth and what a "webmaster" says. There are plenty of us who know that a webmaster is just another person; fallible and capable of mistakes.
  20. pjorourke

pjorourke Thinks he's Caesar's Wife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.