Wild Wild West

Discussion in 'New York' started by wheel, Aug 16, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. JohnJ

JohnJ Repentant Sinner

new lights

Oddly enough they just installed a new string of lights under the Gowanus... it stretches from I beleive the vicinity of 32nd st up thru 18th st.... its super bright over there... i just wonder if they will continue it.

w-w-w has been under some scrutiny and they had Fire Marshals in there recently in regards to the legal occupancy of the establishment. So on busy days/nights they keep track of every person walking in and out. They have also been proofing everyone at the door and turning away many people.

JohnJ
  2. Candide

Candide

"they could use a lot brighter lights under the BQE on third ave." YES! That is true - it looks like Jack the Ripper's London at night over there.
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

it's a law in ny too. they just have selective enforcement in NYC. i'm sure we haven't seen the last of WWW in the news. LE will eventually be pressured into hitting them hard also. CCN is another place that should get lots of attention. 5-10 pm is prime time for off duty cops to be found drinking in there. and not 4 nothing but, they could use a lot brighter lights under the BQE on third ave.
  4. Candide

Candide

Thank you APM for editing the "spoiler" :)

Ok, Littleguy it's fixed :)

You know - if the cop does lose his pension then the NYPD should give it to the neigborhood community board where that happened so they could use it to improve that street - Drunk or not, Redhook is a mess to drive in.

Also, I thought that any establishment that serves booze is supposed to insist that patrons who had a lot to drink not get behind the wheel when they leave - I thought that was a law - or maybe that's New jersey?
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

another reason to lock up that drunk cop for 40 years.
  6. JohnJ

JohnJ Repentant Sinner

change in policy.....

Seems Wild Wild West has a slight change in policy regarding the lap dances...

Where $10 used to buy you a great friction lap dance, now the ladies have been told to refrain from friction dances... no more going down on the knees...and no more grinding....

The afternoon is still relaxed a bit its the 5:00 pm thru 10:00 PM that is getting stricter.

John J
  7. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Darth Maul died? Just kidding, LOL
    Didn't it suck that they killed off the coolest character?
    But I heard that he may have a twin in the next movie.

Congratulations on making Silver!!!
  8. littleguy

littleguy Gold

Well, go back and edit the ending out. This ain't JAG silly
  9. Candide

Candide

"Don't force me to have to make a new "rule" about spoiling movie endings"

Ooooops! Sorry....oh blast...I guess I figured everyone saw this one already 'cept me...but I know I should never ASSume :( sorry everyone
  10. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

And Mr. Wonderful goes Silver!! Sniff, I have waited so long for this. Now all I need is to be with Tyra Banks and my life will be complete.

MW
  11. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Talk about giving away movie endings. I went to rent The Sixth Sense about a year or so ago when it came out on video. Anyway, about 5 people are in line waiting to rent it, when this woman comes in to return the same movie and blurts out the ending. If looks could kill, this woman would have been dead.

And I still have not gotten over the fact that my wife told me beforehand that Darth Maul dies at the end of Episode I. Bitch.

MW
  12. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Don't force me to have to make a new "rule" about spoiling movie endings..................;).
  13. Candide

Candide

"...He may be a sociopath , who is only worried about not paying for what he has done and maybe blaming it on someone else..."

Yeah, you're right - I try to imagine that type of head case but it is difficult for me to fathom.

"What Lies Beneath"...I watched that last night too but missed a chunk of it before the end.

[Edited by slinkybender on 08-26-2001 at 02:44 PM]
  14. Julienyc

Julienyc

the cop

I think ,You or I would but, believe me some people have no empathy and only care for themselves. He may be a sociopath , who is only worried about not paying for what he has done and maybe blaming it on someone else. It is hard to think that he is not feeing real bad , I guess I am really using my imagination (who knows what he is really going through), No matter what it is ,he must pay the piper and I hope he does. If he is remorsful it is really useless because the lives taken can not be brought back and this is fact but using him as an expample might make another cop think about fucking up like this. all the feelings of pain and regret are useless.

Too bad (what Lies Beneath is just a movie)
  15. Julienyc

Julienyc

Yes I think that is true ,but he does bring attention on issues, but if there were no cameras he would not bother.
  16. Candide

Candide

Julie, it was 4 lives lost. One of the women was 8 months pregnant. They delivered her baby but he died shortly after :(sob .... horrible!....In a way I think this guy is already being punished as we speak - it would torment me to no end if I had something horrific like that hanging over my head. Just to live and breathe knowing you caused such loss and pain and the death of two little ones, one young woman, and her sister who was just a kid herself...I couldn't live like that.
  17. Phantom

Phantom

Al is only there because he knows that network news cameras will be there. No cameras, no Al.
  18. Julienyc

Julienyc

the cop in the hit and run

If this cop does not do any time I think all hell will break and maybe it should. I am sure he did not mean to kill these people but come on he did and now must face the consequences, I mean we are not talking any victimless crime here. His whole life is now ruined as well as 3 lives loss. I think April may have it though , he might do a dime of time. I think Al is on the case , he just got released from the Feds and is or headed to Brooklyn. Cops often get away with lots of crimes.
  19. Julienyc

Julienyc

I hope he does not walk but you never really know what is going ot happen. Remember those 41 shots ,those guys are walking free. When in a court of Law it seems there are so many twist and turns and of course the lawyer one chooses is a big part of it.
  20. fumpton

fumpton

Dialated, GoGoRama is just down the road from Delilah's right?