Words of encouragement: Calvin Coolidge said it best

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Othello, Sep 13, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

2. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

When I was in The Army, my boss said, "Nuke'em til they glow, then shoot'em in the dark!"
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

4. Ozzy

Ozzy

5. Othello

Othello

Re: Now I know.........

Great people have been known to make mediocre statements; mediocre people sometimes make great, inspiring statements. The latter is an excellent example.

This is not just about revenge. I am sure that retribution will come. It is about reflecting on the tragic events, learning from their occurence and moving on.

While I have not suffered a personal loss, I feel the loss of my business colleagues and friendly competitors. I acknowledge that they are gone. "Payback is a bitch" as the homeboys used to say. We also have to rebuild and proceed with" business as usual".

Best regards,
    "Othello"
  6. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

And make it happen using extreme prejudice and no mercy!!
  7. robnotbob

robnotbob

O: Great quote.

As I am in sales, I have a phrase I use when people ask me how I am doing..."Just trying to make it happen".

Over the next couple of days and weeks, George W. has to make something happen.
  8. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Now I know.........

Why he was ranked as one of our worst Presidents- LOL!!
  9. Othello

Othello

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.