Worlds Largest Spa?

Discussion in 'NJ/NY/CT Massage / Spa' started by Jack_Maehoffer, Dec 12, 2005.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Jaxxny

Jaxxny

2. MayorSimpleton

MayorSimpleton

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  3. AvgMale

AvgMale

4. Jonah Falcon

Jonah Falcon

Yes, this is a very family friendly place. Shame it closed down for however long.
  5. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

6. Jaxxny

Jaxxny

7. michaelseto86

michaelseto86

I went here with a few friends (male and female). Totally legit place. However, there are a long of young cute korean girls there to relax.
  8. Traderdave

Traderdave

DDL,

There is a separate fee for other services.

Here is the info you wanted.

Open Area Massage Price
    Shiatsu $75 (60min) / $115 (90min)

Private Room Massage Price
    Shiatsu $90 (60min) / $130 (90min)
    Swedish $90 (60min) / $130 (90min)
    Deep Tissue $100 (60min) / $130 (90min)
    Aroma Oil $100 (60min) / $130 (90min)
    Hot Stone $130 (90min)

Who knows you might even see some of your amp friends here?
  9. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

Is there a separate house fee if you wanna get a massage, if so, how much?
  10. Traderdave

Traderdave

I've been there twice. It's totally legit. Men and Women have separate areas. It's $35 to get in. They give you a watch with a sensor that opens a locker for your shoes as well as another locker for your clothes. You take off all your clothes and hit the shower, sauna, and wet sauna. There are cold baths, and hot jacuzzi baths. The first floor has 6 different saunas:Gold, Jade, Salt, Cold Room etc. They also have food- Starbucks, a salad bar, sushi, and Korean food. There are even quarters to take a nap. Outside pool area with warm water sprinklers and jacuzzis. Outdoor barbecue serving grilled corn, hot dogs, and ice cream. The top floor is a Korean restaurant. They are open from 6am-12 midnight. Mixed crowd. Mostly Korean and some Russian.Who knows you might meet your favorite Amp girl here, since they provide a van from the supermarked-Han Ah Rahm to the spa. The spa is now called The Spa Castle
  11. clicker2659

clicker2659

no spa for da asians.. take em there? they all live in half the ones where they work!!

u cud look it up!!
  12. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

I think a lot of them go there on their off days, I doubt they wanna feel like they are working.
  13. corzine

corzine

Nice place to take an AMP girl, get her relaxed, then retire to a local hotel for some post -spa activity
  14. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

going, gooooooing.........
  15. clicker2659

clicker2659

which amp girlie go there? i bring her veggie platter next time!! ohh maybe cookie!!
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  16. DaiDaiLun

DaiDaiLun

this is the same place. one of the Amp girls i know go there on her off days. this place has 3 levels. she says spends like 6 hours there. people actually bring their kids too. there is a starbucks and a food court in there.
  17. Jmoney16

Jmoney16

I read the article, is this the same place? This place seems awesome, even though I'm not sure extras are available.
  18. Jaxxny

Jaxxny

NYT reviews Inspa World in College Point

Long review in the New York Times today:

Exfoliating rubs were given by muscular women in traditional jimjilbang work wear: bras and panties. Travel writers describing Korean baths always say the same thing: the mitts are so rough that your skin rolls off in little gray worms.

Next, all clients don the house’s short cotton pajamas — gray for men, orange for women — and troop upstairs to the sauna floor, the spa’s social center. There was something perky and democratic in the air, all of us multiethnically together, scrubbed and uniformed like cheerful first graders. Or maybe it was the air; the spa bubbles in extra oxygen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/fashion/11inspa.html?pagewanted=all

It also functions as a child-friendly water park.
  19. JackCT

JackCT

Hmmmm

Sounds like a free market advocate to me. Don't find too many of those in NYC though.
  20. genius

genius

Very interesting sentence. I would have written "It is almost like the owner of a building pushing out that old rent controlled couple so they can rent the apartment at market price."