You can always tell that she's not a New Yorker when...

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Waterclone, Feb 1, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. FoxyMonica

FoxyMonica

Okay, as long as you're BFE and have reasonable rates! ;) Hoping you provide outcall, you sneaky little devil, skirting around the rules here ;)
    Mr. Joyboy likes this.
  2. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Monica can you please drop me a line?
    Slinkybender at utopiaguide dot Com
    FoxyMonica likes this.
  3. FoxyMonica

FoxyMonica

I must have gone to a Kosher deli. I got the dirtiest look " by everyone around" and was told no we can't serve that " I'm sorry" I asked well what do you have? He babbled off all kinds of food. I opted for just the pastrami with mustard and pickles. Later that day I was informed as to why by a friend. I have many friends that are from NY and Jewish and I did not know any better. I was embarrassed that I even ask. LOL, He must of known I was not from around NYC with my thick southern accent! No guys I am no longer providing. No website, no links, no ho phone, no nothing, I retired a few years ago from the biz. I have an awesome civilian job that I really love. I'm not doing too bad at all for a ole Ho' even if I say so myself! I do miss NY terribly !! If you guys still have your meetups maybe one day I will pop in to say Hi! Afterall NY is the pussy eating capital of the World! And girls have needs too :) What's a gal not to love about NY and city boys? I just like to keep up with the board's, It's like reading a neverending book <3 Hope you guys are well ~ Monica
    vad1 likes this.
  4. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

Notice I said Jewish, not Kosher. If you visit Wikipedia, you'll notice all the origin stories of the Reuben sandwich center around Jewish delis. I agree that you'll never find an item comprised of meat and cheese in a Glatt Kosher restaurant, nor would an orthodox Jew eat it, but to deny that it's a conventional item of many "Jewish" delis, I think you're kidding yourself. In using the term "Jewish," I'm referring to cultural and traditional characteristics - including foods - associated with the people (of which I am one), not simply the religious aspect (which varies tremendously - and assuming that all Jews observe the Kosher laws is a little stereotypical too, don't you think?). By the way, Katz's Delicatessen serves a Reuben sandwich.
  5. Waterclone

Waterclone Go ahead. Try me.

The thing about stereotypes is that they often only seem true from the outside. No kosher place ever server a reuben and no religious jew ever had one.

Maybe it's a quintessential New York deli item, but it's certainly not a quintessential Jewish item.
  6. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

Isn't it funny that one of the most quintessentially New York-Jewish menu items, the Reuben sandwich, is corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing on rye.
  7. vad1

vad1

Hey there, Foxy!!!

Blast from the past! Glad to see you posting!

How are you? Any plans to visit LI?

v
    FoxyMonica likes this.
  8. Slinky Bender

In 1977 I took my Catholic girlfriend into to the Kosher deli on Springfield Blvd and Horace Harding for lunch. She ordered some sandwich with cheese and the guy behind the counter gave me a dirty look.
    FoxyMonica, vad1 and joeyboy like this.
  9. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

Uh-uh, on white bread with mayo.
    FoxyMonica likes this.
  10. FoxyMonica

FoxyMonica

When she goes to a deli and innocently orders a pastrami with swiss on rye.
    vad1 likes this.
  11. Slinky Bender

She pronounces Houston or Montague streets the way someone from Texas would.

She doesn't know what the closest subway stop is to her incall.

There's a Dominoes box in her room.
    vad1 and MayorSimpleton like this.
  12. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

After she swallows she let's out a huge belch.
  13. Monk

Monk

Years ago there was a service the sent their girls around the country on a sort of circuit. I used to see one when they'd send her through New York. She told me once that she was terrified to go out for a walk. Part of it is that, in order to make the travel pay off, they'd book these girls back to back to back, so she only had a very small window of time that she could call her own. Another provider once told me that she had to be careful how she dressed when she left her hotel for fear of being recognized (or simply harassed)—so, she'd dress down, take off her makeup, etc. Or, just order in. Anyway, it doesn't surprise me when providers haven't a clue about New York for these reasons and many more.
  14. kbpro

kbpro

Mustard goes on the burger
    Landru and Banacek like this.
  15. h50

h50

Had a sugarbaby tell me she was located in Brooklyn and when I asked which part she said Manhattan right now. Lest I should say negotiations with her went nowhere
  16. Waterclone

Waterclone Go ahead. Try me.

You ask "what neighborhood are you in?" and she responds "Midtown."

Ok so 33rd & 2nd? 50th and 10th? I'm trying to figure out how long it will take me to get to the appointment from work. Give me something I can work with, will ya?
    vad1 likes this.